slip on question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default slip on question

Just put on my spankin' new Jardine slip-on. Looks sweet, sounds better. The question I have is do I need to retune my bike, or should it be good as is. I went for a little ride, about a mile, the wind is blowing about 50 today, and didnt really notice any negative change. Maybe at highway speeds it will be different. Well any response is appreciated. Go easy.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: slip on question

I know I'm not answering you question, but so are you really happy with the Jardine? Reason I ask is that I am seriously thinking about buying that same slip-on for mine and just wanted to find out what everyone thinks of this pipe for the rr? I know its all new for you right now, but was just curious....

Old 03-14-2008, 05:38 PM

The slip-on is not going to make much of a difference. Besides the better sounds and looks, and MAYBE a tiny bit more power it won't effect the bike. It wouldn't hurt to put on a power commander and take it to a dyno, but it shouldn't be necessary. Now if you put the full system on then yes, it would be beneficial to retune the bike. But as far as the slip-on goes, you should be fine leaving it how it is.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: bluerrchik

I know I'm not answering you question, but so are you really happy with the Jardine? Reason I ask is that I am seriously thinking about buying that same slip-on for mine and just wanted to find out what everyone thinks of this pipe for the rr? I know its all new for you right now, but was just curious....
Just for another pipe to compare to, I love my Akrapovic. I've heard great things about all of them though so I guess it just comes down to personal choice. Sorry for the double-post.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Banned

you will be fine, PCIII and tune is always good idea but not needed

Old 03-14-2008, 07:52 PM

Just rode to my mother in laws house-about 25 miles away. Got it up to 85, no probs. So bluerrchik, I'm lovin' it. It sounds good at idle, way deeper, from about 3-6 grand, not much of a difference. Once it gets up to about 7 grand, it sounds awesome. I know some people are kind of down on Jardine, but for the price $275, you can't beat it. It also comes with a new fender that really cleans up the rear end. I got my at pipecity.com took 3 days for shipping, and shipping was free. I will definitely get the two bros. later, but for now this is awesome. I definetely recommend it if you are looking for an affordable entry level slip on.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:58 PM

I dont knkow how to edit a post so i had to post this as well. I really didnt notice a difference in power. Installation was a breeze. About 2 hours, with a few beer breaks. Later tater,.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:51 PM

why 2 bros? imo they are just for show boaters and people who like to be loud.... if you want an upgrade in quality go with akro, or arata or arrow. akro and arrow nice deep tone, arata is a little high pictched.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:21 PM

2 bros. becasue I really like the sound on my friends who has one. I've never heard an akro. in person, so I'm not sure exactly how they sound. What does everyone else think? What is the absolute best, no holds barred, price be damned slip on for the 600rr?

Old 03-14-2008, 11:11 PM

Need for a retune....No //// Good idea...Yes

Quick Reply: slip on question