Slip-on Installation...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip-on Installation...?

Is there anything to it besides taking off the old pipe and parts that get in the way and slapping on the new one? If i have to torque anything down or deal with lock-tyte or high temp sealant i will pay the dealer to do it.

A little help?

Old 06-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Default RE: Slip-on Installation...?

Your slip-on should come with everything you need...I'm sure there's some torque specs, but I didn't use them, I just tightened things down the goo 'ole cave man way... [&:]

Old 06-24-2006, 01:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

Your slip-on should come with everything you need...I'm sure there's some torque specs, but I didn't use them, I just tightened things down the goo 'ole cave man way... [&:]
lol... +1. it's pretty simple. you should have little/no problems with the installation. if you do just post up and someone will get back to you asap i'm sure

Old 06-24-2006, 06:34 PM

I just don't trust the damn grease monkeys at the shop w/ my cf exhaust and man handling the sucker when i'm not around. I think i might leave the tire to them and do the pipe myself.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:56 PM

good idea

Old 06-25-2006, 04:29 AM

Can anyone take a pic of their bike and circle or point to where the mid pipe is or just take a pic of a bike and point it out. I would like to know what i am getting into before tackling it.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:21 PM

I can tell you this, I installed my yosh rs-5 slip on myself. The one thing I almost didn't realize is that there is a gasket on the stock pipe that didn't come with my slip on. So I had to bend the tabs back to pull the gasket out on the stock pipe and use on the new. You have to be careful when doing it too cause you can damage that gasket if you try to man handle it out of there. Just a little something I figured out in the process of installing mine, and it could have been a big headache if i didn't catch it. Hope the info is usefull. Good luck, and ride safe. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 06-26-2006, 04:55 AM

Thanks man, looking for any tips. The weather is amazing so the minute those pipes hit my works loading door i am paying some one to break the **** down and get me those bad boys stat so i can go install them!

Old 06-26-2006, 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Coda

I can tell you this, I installed my yosh rs-5 slip on myself. The one thing I almost didn't realize is that there is a gasket on the stock pipe that didn't come with my slip on. So I had to bend the tabs back to pull the gasket out on the stock pipe and use on the new.
Your aftermarket pipe should have came with a tube of high temp. silicone to substitute as a the gasket, that's why it fits so tight...you shouldn't have to bend anything on your new exhaust! Get the silicone if it doesn't come with your new pipe and keep the pliers away from it!

Old 06-26-2006, 04:18 PM

Dunno i might just take a chair and watch them like a hawk?
Cause if i bring it home and it takes longer than an hour and a half the woman will get heated cause were supposed to go out but i want it on for work that day cause all the guys are waiting to hear it.

Quick Reply: Slip-on Installation...?