Slip on

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip on

Hi all:

This is my first post. I am buying a 600RR this weekend and I wanted some input on slip ons for this bike. I don't really care for the loud noise myself (hell I wear earplugs when I ride), but I do believe that silly old adage that “loud pipes make for safe bikes” (or however it goes). What exhausts are people using? How do you like the sound from them? I really just want it to be loud enough that no one misses me in traffic (like a jack*** I like to ride to the office and it requires some heavy urban traffic). I was sort of leaning toward Jardine (pretty well priced and people here seem to like them).

I appreciate all of your advice. Thanks!

Also: where is a good place (i.e. cheap and reputable) to order online? I was looking at KneeDraggers.com. Thanks a second time.

Oh, and lastly, I think it is safe to assume that I can replace just a muffler without remapping the ECU, no? The bike is plenty fast for me as it is.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Default RE: Slip on

Talk to PipeCity http://www.pipecity.com and tell them you were referred by a PSC (Phoenix sportbike club) member and they'll hook you up with an awesome price. They will tell you that Two Bros is the best way to go for quality and value. Jardine is a good brand, but not as durable. Go with the Two Bros aluminum C2 slip-on and you won't be disappointed.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:56 PM

ok, I feel like a bit of a douche-bag... I just looked around a bit and found essentially the same question already asked and answered... sorry (now I no why everybody hazes the new guy!)

Feel free to reanswer though if you have a lot of free time on your hands

Old 04-23-2005, 01:46 AM
L8X

d & d and devil are as loud as you're gonna get.

Old 04-26-2005, 12:40 AM

Got my Jardine R1 (race baffle!) and love it! you can get a "street baffle" witch isn't as loud as da "race". Sirlimpzalot hook'd me up fat on a deal so ya might wanna hit him up if ya havn't already!

Old 04-26-2005, 03:27 AM

I just got my Two Bros C2 aluminum slip-on today, and wow! If you want a pipe with some sound this is the way to go. It's a deep sound until you hit about 6k, when it opens up and screams. I think I'm gonna need ear plugs though, this thing is LOUD!

Old 04-26-2005, 04:41 AM
L8X

does cooter mean what i think it means? [&:]

Old 04-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cooter is the grungy dude from 'Dukes of Hazard' right? That's **** it means right?

Ya, the 2Bros is great -- I splurged on my 1000RR and got the metal/CF weave -- pretttttty! This is my 4th or 5th bike with either a 2Bros full system or slip on and I haven't had any probs at all. Nice low rumble but not obnoxious. Also mucho $$ goes into max hp gains with their systems.

Old 04-26-2005, 11:54 PM

I once read an article that talked about how people in Florida were calling turtles "cooters" and were oblivious to what else it meant.

Old 04-28-2005, 04:01 AM

WHERES THE LOVE FOR THE LEO'S IN HERE?

Leo Vince. BEST PIPE ON A RR YET... And I have friends with every pipe around lol on their 6RR...

I ordered the alum. leo since.... I dont plan on reachin down and grabbin a 300$ more expensive exhaust just to hear the same sound...

LEO'S THE WAY TO GO.

Quick Reply: Slip on