SlidDDDDDERS

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SlidDDDDDERS

Newbie question but which slider brand is good that comes in carbon fiber? Also should I get the ones that drill into the fairings or the ones that go around it? Thanks guys and girls

Old 04-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Default RE: SlidDDDDDERS

in terms of looking for sliders...do a search at the bottom..youll find ALOT of ish on it. Whether no-cut sliders r better then cut, what brand is good for what your looking for etc...

but to try n help a lil...they say cut is better and more durable...good brands include vortex, shogun, iim going with WOODCRAFT(due 2 more surface area and no HOLE in middle of slider...which reduces the slider from catching the pavment, which cud cause FLIPPAGE). there are some other expensive brands u can find by searching, etc etcblah blah...Good Luck! Let me know if u find summin..

Old 04-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Registered Users
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 to woodcraft

i had Lockhart Phillips carbon with that aluminum ring around the end , they look cool but when i took a spill it cracked my fairing on impact and it was completelydisintegrated at a 35 MPH fall
looks cool but don't recommended

Old 04-01-2008, 08:43 PM

buy it from ebay...dont buy the one that will require you to cut the fairing..its around $30..good quality...search on ebay..it comes with 2 long **** nuts and screws...good luck

Old 04-01-2008, 09:29 PM

I would stay away from cuts.... The best bet are the vortex no cuts, they are cheap, and easy... they grind down to nothing when you go down, but who cares that is what they are for, just slap on a new pair. Do not go with metal or carbon ones... the sliders are supposed to take the abuse of the fall, not withstand it... the metal ones dont absorb enough, and can get caught up in the pavement and whatever, causing more damage then a lowside would create in the first place.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:32 PM

vertical...y do u say stay away from cuts?

Old 04-01-2008, 09:52 PM

man anything thats not metal...i got 2 friends that broke there frams bc of them and 1 guy was only going 25

Old 04-01-2008, 09:55 PM

i just bought a pair of no cuts from a retailer on ebay. i have not put them on my bike because i am currently repairing it from a fall. the one i got have ends that are a hard plastic and you can screw on a new end if they are used. i liked them because they are etched with "RR" on them. mine are the all black ones. i almost bought the highly recommended vortex ones, but i did not want to cut in my fairings. below is a link to the same person i bought mine from. these ones have a chrome bracket on them. i think you can get them either way.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=its%3DS%252BI

Old 04-01-2008, 09:58 PM

No cuts SUCK!!!! Reason I say that is when you have an extension to go around a fairing, it causes a weak point to when it hits, they will snap on the extension. Its just one more step for something to go wrong persay! With normal sliders, the mount into your engine block and very rarely will that go wrong. Only problem Ive seen is when peolpe but metal ones and they dont grinddown and cause them to bend or flip the bike. Thats no good!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:02 PM

I bought a set of carbon ones from ebay. They were the cut-style, and of very cheap quality. I wouldn't recommend getting them. I now have shogun brand, which were $60, and they were worth it. Much better quality.