Should I do it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 06:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I do it?

I could sell my car, use the equity for helmet, jacket, gloves, MSF class and buy a CBR in like a month. Pros: CBR Cons: No car (but I work 1.5 miles from my place and school is a short bus ride away and I should be able to ride most of the year here in Colorado) and I live in a Condo complex and I'm terrified of leaving my bike outside (I wish I had a groundlevel where I could just roll it inside) I want a bike so bad but what should I do? I don't want to be 30 before I have a bike. ARGHH p e a c e

Old 05-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Default RE: Should I do it?

Get the bike. It would be horrible to be 30 and with out a bike, I had to get 1 before I turned 36.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:24 AM

well seeing how gas prices arent going to go down in awhile - might be a good idea (just a + on getting a bike). just because you dont have a garage for your bike doesn't mean it can't be safe, if you do have a roof parking area (to save it from rainy days) and then for thefts, get an alarm systems it should be as safe as if it was in a garage. It might cost some extra money and take a weekend to install it - but it's worth it, and keeps your bike safe. (if you do, get something good at least.. and at least put an flashing LED light in the cluster broad to scare away any potential thefts)

what year you looking for in a bike anyways? and what size? (just wondering)

Old 05-25-2006, 01:46 PM

With your short commute and the amount of time you'd get to ride Id say get the CBR. Talk to your leasing office first and see if they can move you into a ground floor apartment. I'd never want to leave my bike outside or where someone could steal it.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Ronintas

Get the bike. It would be horrible to be 30 and with out a bike, I had to get 1 before I turned 36.

thank the Lord I got mine when I was 29 (just got it last month)..... so close. back in bike game since selling my CR125 9 years ago. Don't let the age thing influence your decision though, make the right choice for you. YOU are the person that will be riding the bus, walking, or asking for rides. Finance.....and have it both ways.

Screw it......get the bike. So much fun.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: discohouse

ORIGINAL: Ronintas

thank the Lord I got mine when I was 29 (just got it last month)..... so close. back in bike game since selling my CR125 9 years ago. Don't let the age thing influence your decision though, make the right choice for you. YOU are the person that will be riding the bus, walking, or asking for rides. Finance.....and have it both ways.

Screw it......get the bike. So much fun.

yeah i agree, age doesn't matter.. my dad was trying to influence me to buy a bullet bike (i didnt know why intill i actually got it home) and he just wanted to take it out from time to time (and he is 54!!!!!!!!!!!!talk about over the hill haha) but seriously, bullet bikes arent just for the younger class (i think it just scares the other class because it's a back-breaker bike, they would rather take a goldwing or a harley)

Old 05-25-2006, 05:52 PM

Do it! I did and I'm 35 years young

I sold my Acura March of this year and bought the CBR the following Thursday. Check out my Photo Gallery to see what I'm drivin' now, big step down from the Acura. I have a 30 mile commute to work and I ride in all kinds of shyt.

As for security, there are several things you can do as people have mentioned, but first would probably be an all-weather cover.

Good luck.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:34 AM

i thought the same thing, only younger, lol "i dont want to be 20 and still not have a bike!" lol, sorry

Old 05-26-2006, 06:01 AM

Thanks everybody for the advice. I'm actually only 25, I was just bitching Well, I think I'm gonna try to do it but I have to jump through a few hoops to do it. Hopefully next time I'll be telling you I just got my bike.

Old 05-26-2006, 06:07 AM
Retired Mod

yeah, im in the minority. id say if you can't afford both a car and a bike, stick with 4 wheels. bikes are cooler but cars are more versitile. when was the last time you went grocery shopping on a bike? how about christmas shopping? the bike is hands-down the coolest thing you can buy, but only when you can afford it.

what about selling the car and buying a cheaper beater car and used bike? that could be an option for a tight budget.