shorting tip sensor 03'

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shorting tip sensor 03'

anyone know how to short a tip sensor on a 03? i know on an f4i i just took mine out and it ran fine w/o it but an the 600rr it wont start... plz helpz!

Old 07-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Default RE: shorting tip sensor 03'

why would you want to do that
that switch is there to keep the bike from continuing to run after you dump it and it is laying on top of you spilling fuel out and spinning the rear tire against your face

Old 07-10-2007, 07:14 PM

because... im going street fighter and i need to take it off.. besides who doesnt like their freshly wrecked bike to blow up and tire skids on their helmet.?

Old 07-10-2007, 08:53 PM

well as long as its your face and not some innoncent bystander then go for it

i would say open the tip over switch up and epoxy the sensor into place

Old 07-11-2007, 04:23 PM

lolz right not what i was looking for but thanks anyway i guess ill just look up the wiring digram... gotta say your the only *** hole i've meet on the cbr forums =]

Old 07-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Old 07-11-2007, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr_newbie

lolz right not what i was looking for but thanks anyway i guess ill just look up the wiring digram... gotta say your the only *** hole i've meet on the cbr forums =]
no just one of the most outspoken, youd get it a lot worse on other sites.

this is a safety mod, and i absolutly cannot stand people that try to bypass stuff like that because normally it is innoncent people that pay the price.

it was put there to cut the bike off when you crash it so your dumb *** doesnt lose an arm in the chain

good luck stumpy

Old 07-18-2007, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the link mang, well just as an fyi its a stunt bike so i wouldnt really be worried about getting other people hurt, also its not for my bike its for my friends! I already have this mod done to my bike and it allows us to do tricks that would normaly cause the bike to cause the bike to shut off... well o and i've tiped my bike over a few times... im more worried about a brake lever going threw my chest plate then getting a few fingers stuck in a sprocket... so you might as well take all your levers, take off your front rim (because guess what it doesnt stop if you wreck), mirrors, rear set, and passanger pegs.. o and if you wreck bad enough the kill switch wont save your *** when the tank is cracked and leaking all over the engine... so if you think something about getting your finger caught in a chain when you wreck you should seriously re-think about riding.... WTFPWNT stubbie

Old 07-19-2007, 06:02 AM

damn dude that's pretty gruesome. you should think positively and not crash your bike :P

good call on the ******* comment too - i think you had a legitimate question. it's not like you were asking about throttle body spacers and octane booster and platinum +4 spark plugs to break into the 12-second quarter mile. i can think of a lot more dangerous things that you could attempt to do. besides, doesn't a tethered kill switch defeat the purpose of the bank angle sensor anyway?

Old 07-19-2007, 06:23 AM

you are right, i am an *** when it comes to this because
every time some dumbass squid tries to pull a wheelie and hurts himself, every insurance rate in the city goes up just a little more because more than likely he doesnt have the insurance necessary to make the hospital trip himself.

Quick Reply: shorting tip sensor 03'