Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sell or keep

ORIGINAL: mazdajoe

ORIGINAL: Turnin20s

ORIGINAL: 6hundred_doubleR

ORIGINAL: mazdajoe

Seriously are you dumb????? How do you not think that is a scam? Why would the guy sell it for 2500 when he could easily sell it for more than double that price with no trouble. He also has ZERO feedback. This is why my response was cold-hearted because I have no sympathy for dumb people. Bad guys pray on the weak and you are seriously a weak person to be falling for such an obvious scam. I could be nice about my criticism and say, "Well maybe its not a scam." But then you would send him your money and get ripped off. It takes harsh words to educate some people who are just so clueless about the world. Ebay even has a tutorial to educate buyers and sellers about the world of online auctioning and it talks about this very type of scam. When making a decision about something there is a little practice called RESEARCH that people with even moderate brain power partake in. I suggest you look that term up and then RESEARCH future business transactions. You are lucky you did not send him the money yet and that others and myself caught your mistake before you did something you would later regret.
i think i probaly speak for everyone when i ask, mazdajoe, Why are you such a DICK?
+1 Listen to your own advise, sometimes it takes harsh words for some people, but WTF give the guy a break he obviously had some suspision if he came here to ask. Settle down, he didn't buy the bike. If you want to yell at someone and laugh and tell them how stupid they are send the fu**head thats having the auction some hate mail or something.

-Jesse-

He didnt come here to ask, the topic of the post is completely unrelated to where the post has gone. He asked if he should sell the bike he is going to buy and buy the other. He didn't ask, "Is this a scam?" The link that he posted also says, "Bidding for this item has ended." Which means that no one was dumb enough to buy the thing. I dont blame the guy doing the auction because obviously there are dumb people in the world who are willing to give other people money for nothing. The guy doing the auction isnt stupid because he knows that other people are dumb enough to fall for that deal. Your never going to find a "deal" like that because they just dont exist. But whatever, go ahead and send the guy the money, see if I am wrong. Its just a complete waste of time to even consider something like that. I mean you can just look at the link to the item on Ebays search screen and tell that its a scam right away if the starting bid is cents and there is a buy it now for 2500 dollars. Why would you even open the link? And then why would you email the guy to see if its real or not? OBVIOUSLY IT'S A SCAM!!!!!
we all understand that. the question was why do you feel the need to be such a DICK!?

Old 03-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Retired Administrator

Welcome to the forum doug8301 and thank you for dealing with the negative replies in a mature manner.

If you're still in touch with this guy... mess with him some more. Since he doesn't know much about bikes... ask how the Micron RS5 sounds...

Old 03-03-2006, 03:18 AM

hey i just sent him an email wondering what that micron thing sounds like ill get back to you...

Old 03-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the board doug8301! From the looks of it, we've saved you $2500. Sounds like a big party is in order

And to whom it concerns: thieves continue to thrive because some peeps make you feel stupid for asking questions. Let's all play nice boys and girls

Old 03-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Muz

Wow, how did I miss this thread...welcome to the forum doug8301

Old 03-04-2006, 12:50 AM

Welcome and enjoy your new bike when you get it. Would be great if you wear all your gear all the time no matter what the temp is. Hit some track days to do your serious stuff and leave the street to your mellow moods

Enjoy!! The CBR is blast no matter what year.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: doug8301

hey listen to this, if you look at the pics in the auction youll notice two other bikes. i sent the owner an email inquireing about his "other two bikes" and he said there are no other bikes. lol what a dumbass ( he also asked me if i had sent the payment so for fun i told him yes)

LOL!!!![8D]

Old 03-21-2006, 08:52 PM

Good thing you did some research before you sent your hard earned money to a scammer.... Oh and don't bother with the immature comments made by people that don't know how to communicate in a civilized manner... I suggest if you can't see the bike with your own eyes then NEVER send money to anyone... But welcome to the forum...

Old 03-22-2006, 10:39 AM

I found dealing with ebay and motorcycle scams is that typically (100% for me but I can't say it works for all) if you use the link on the auction to contact the seller then you never get a response or the auction gets closed by the true ebay user when they find out that a scammer stole there ebay info.

Just my 2cents.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

darn guys...you ruined mah business...now i have to go and try to sell the fake rr to someone else!
yea dude...good thing you came on here...cause it's totally a scam...
just watch out for things like this...or email the seller and tell him/her that you'll be in texas and want to see the bike...bet they ignore you after that...

Quick Reply: sell or keep