Scratches on gas tank

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratches on gas tank

Hey folks, i have a black 600rr and it's starting to really **** me off that these gas tanks get scratched so easily. I put my legs on them for support and even then my hands still hurt having to hold my body up. I know i should get a bra but i don't think they're attractive at all. Does anyone have any suggestion on a good riding position that won't scratch up my gas tank? Also does anyone else wrist hurts after a long ride? Is this considered normal? I know it seems like a silly question but i am just worried about arthiritus related problems. THanks

Old 07-10-2005, 04:50 AM
Default RE: Scratches on gas tank

never had my wrists hurt and ive done 500+ mile rides non stop. i put 100 miles on a day and have done 1200 miles straight in one day. NEVER hurt.

scratched tank? you should get the Carbon fiber lays for the tank... it covers the tank where your whole legs and crotch touch and looks OFF tha HOOK!... too broke to get one myself lol.

My tank is not scratched at all.. dunno why. but i guess i dont have that problem... you got a tank protecter at least?

Get a cf one that wraps the tank.

laytaz hope that works 4 u.

Old 07-10-2005, 05:25 AM

Try to leave some space between your jewels and the gas tank, its usually the zipper that does the scratching. My tank is a bit scratched as well. My wrist kills after a long ride as well even a short one, but xrays recently shown that i have a condition in my bones that requires surgery and would lead to early arthritis if i leave it untreated. I doubt you have the same condition unless your wrist has suffered severe trauma in the last few years.

Old 07-10-2005, 01:16 PM

Oh god that can't be good.. Hopefully it's something my wirst get used to, or somehow be able to support myself with just legs on gas tank. Which bring me to my next question. Where can i buy some carbon fiber overlay?

Old 07-10-2005, 01:28 PM

any bike shop that sells accessories should carry those.

Old 07-10-2005, 01:37 PM

THe clip ons on the 600rr are very low placing lots of weight on the wrists (if you ride in a lazy position like I do) and this kills my wrists after a while. I've gotten more used to it recently but the only real solution is to take the weight off of your wrists by using more of your leg strength to hold you up. Bending the elbows also helps with this.

Old 07-10-2005, 01:50 PM

my hands get numb after riding for more than a hour, it sucks because it gets to the point where i cant feel anything with my hand untill i get some circulation back in it. im guessing its from the vibrations.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:46 PM

I guess i better work my inner leg at the gym hehe. I can feel it burning already after a long ride.. Just have to get some protection for gas tank so it won't get scratched up.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:19 PM

Honda Spray!

Sells at any Honda dealer for 6 bucks.

The stuff is just awesome. Takes out all kinds of scratches, grease, bug crap, and it polishes it too.

And yes, my wrists hurt like hell too on long rides. I try not to grip the bars so tight. It seems to help.

Old 07-11-2005, 01:57 AM

You should also try to ride with 1 hand... Put your left forearm on the tank, and cruise. it works. Also if your right hand gets tired, put it on the tank like you did your left one, and cross your hands and hold the gas with your left.

On long rides i throw my legs and body parallel to the ground like im superman and cruise. HELLA comfortable. And stable.

Quick Reply: Scratches on gas tank