Sad Day

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sad Day

I'm defintely going to talk to the rep about getting me one. So RepSolRider you deinetly think i'll be able to get a new bike because of what they have done? Is there anything I should know when telling the dealership that I want a new bike. And also I ahve the bike at my house right now and I ahve the eliminator kit on it from competition werks. Will this matter beaucase I did have to drill holes into the bike. Thanks for feedback

Old 08-27-2005, 11:55 AM

I agree that if it fell off a lift the damage would more uniform. I think you should seek legal advice. If it is free to you then why not, what is the worst that could happen. If they didn't ride your bike then the mileage would have not increased no matter if it was 2 or 5 miles. Someone had to ride it to do that. Also if you go by thier story that it was dropped from the kickstand I can't believe it would do that much damage. I think the mileage on the bike is the tell tale sign that it was ridden and they are lying to you. You need to take this to a lawyer and see what they say. The bike will never be new like it was when you gave it to them.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:23 PM

Well guy's, after taking off the tail section to put back the stock fender on I found some more damage. Also where the headlight section and middle fairing connect together the two pieces aren't even anymore like the left side is. I tried taking a picture but it didn't show up good. I called a lawyer today but he wasn't in so I left a message. I'll keep you posted.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2273/58A901D36B094ACCB9D98F63696874BA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2273/6D1C0D7598E1469B9146117F0F5BD08F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Retired Administrator

I'd like to withdrawal my posting that maybe it fell off of a lift, unless that lift was on the second floor and your bike was near the window it fell out of.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

I'd like to withdrawal my posting that maybe it fell off of a lift, unless that lift was on the second floor and your bike was near the window it fell out of.

I can't agree. I just can't imagine that falling a few feet off a lift would do that much damage!!!

Old 08-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Retired Administrator

read.... my last posting. After seeing all of the damage I said "I'd like to withdrawal my posting that maybe it fell off of a lift". Withdrawal means I take it back, I no longer believe that it could have fallen off of a lift. Sue the bastards and get your new bike.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

read.... my last posting. After seeing all of the damage I said "I'd like to withdrawal my posting that maybe it fell off of a lift". Withdrawal means I take it back, I no longer believe that it could have fallen off of a lift. Sue the bastards and get your new bike.

Opps. Sorry man. I meant to say I CAN agree with you!! I didn't see I put can't. My dumb *** put the wrong thing. Sorry again. I know what withdraw means......

Old 08-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Retired Administrator

I didn't mean to get smart..... I've seem to be the only one trying to give a second opinion and make sure he's not only fueled by rage when he talks to the Honda folks. I can't imagine how I would feel if they did that to me, I was pissed when they forgot to put one bolt back in my left side middle fairing... Again, sorry if I seemed like an *** in my reply.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:56 PM

ha yea i'm pretty fueld with rage. Lawyer still hasn't called back but should be within the hour. Once I talk to him we'll see where things go. Also Honda sent me a sruvey in the mail about the bike and the dealership and I was sure to let them know how I felt. I'm also thinking baout calling Honda directly and see what they have to say.

Old 08-29-2005, 11:04 PM

That is a wheelie drop.

You can totally tell the back tire slid out while doing a wheelie, because the slide marks are going vertical on the tail, which means back wheel slid out because they did a 1st gear pop and the bike leaned to the right. Tail took initial slide impact, then it landed hard on the handle bar, causing it to crack the plastics without scraping the graphics. There would be no slide marks on the tail if it just fell over. My sis dropper her RR first day she had it, and it barely shows anything.

1500 dollars damage is 1/5th the total vehicle cost. Anytime a bike is dropped it will never be quite the same, especially if it was while driving. I would tell them to Give you a new bike and sell your bike as a used one. Thier insurance will cover it, It's thier ****up. You bring in a New bike, authorized the service, you didn't authorise 1500 dollars in damage. It shouldn't be your problem, and I sure as hell wouldn't take a bike that some dumb**** at the dealer wheelied in first gear and dropped ****in around in the shop.

Only other way it could have happened if the guy was doing a burnout. If you look at the scrapes, it looks like it came from fine concrete, not asphalt, which is garage interior. I am guessing if it wasn't from a wheelie, he was doing a burnout, it caught traction, and slid and spun on the right side in a clockwise rotation, which is pretty damned close to those marks.

Make them explain how a simple knock over caused 1500 damage, as I have never seen that happen before