Rizoma vs Hotbodies

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rizoma vs Hotbodies

the biggest thing about the integrated signals in the rear is what kind of pipe you're gonna get - cause thats what really matters about the actual visibility of the light -

but by far the cleanest look.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Martin_D

Okay, Better post an update. Ordered me some Rizoma's.

I was at cycle gear (none of them even heard of that brand, lol) and they tryed to get me to buy what ever brand they sell of flushies. and just looking at them looked cheap. It looked like a knock off of hot bodies, so I figure hotbodies would be the same, and it seems the majority here recomend Rizoma, so Rizoma it is!

IDK which Cycle Gear your talking about but I have been to the one in Allentown, PA several times and they don't know S***!! It was cool to have all that stuff in one place but when the guy behind the counter doesn't know the difference between a rivet style master link and a clip on master link its a problem. Then you ask him for a 520 rivet style in silver and he hands you a gold 525 clip, gold 525 rivet, then THE SAME gold 525 rivet again! There are more stories where that came from such as with dual compund tires,changing between regular oil and synthetic, and the fact that he has never owned a bike... THREAD JACKED!

IMO Rizoma's front integrated rear, my front flushies do not let oncoming traffic see me at all although they are clean looking... now my only issue is I like Blue Fox's current style Rizoma's better than the new ones he posted...

Old 04-18-2008, 04:44 PM

My Rizoma's are in!!!!!

Name:  rizoma001.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  76.2 KB

Name:  rizoma002.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  29.2 KB

Old 04-18-2008, 05:01 PM

more...

Name:  rizoma005.jpg
Size:  76.0 KB

Name:  rizoma003.jpg
Size:  52.8 KB

Name:  rizoma004.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  139.8 KB

Where am I supposed to mount that big *** box?

Old 04-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to take off the entire side fairing (top and mids) to do the tursignals anyway. You would mount that "big *** box' underneath the top fairings where all the other wiring harness are. There is more than enough room there for it.

But you don't necessarily NEED to install the boxes (resistor packs) because the 07/08 600RR's will do the "Fast blink" perfectly fine without any resistors at all. You only need to mount the resistor packs (the big *** box) if you want the signals to blink at the stock rate.

HURRY AND INSTALL THEM! I want to see how freaking bright they are!

Old 04-18-2008, 06:59 PM

I know, Im getting ready to go to sears right now, to buy some craftsman tools.

Sucks, when I used to live at home I just use dad's tools. Now I got nada. (Damn gotta buy tools! )

BTW: What tool kit is supposed to come with the bike? All I got was a allen wrench, and that wire for your helmet.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:24 PM

That's the only tools you get. That, an owner's manual and the ever-popular Riding Tips handbook that has a great back cover. "Stupid Hurts" printed on a band-aid. It's promoting gear.

Anyway, get those ( . ) ( . )'s installed!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ That's all you'll get with the bike. The allen wrench.

If you are going to get tools for it........I would recommend............

- Allen Wrenches
- Sockets & Socket Wrenches (both regular and deep well) Get 1/4" and 1/2" inch drives along with the extensions for both.
- Open-ended wrenches
- Screwdrivers (making sure to get a couple of the short, stubby ones for those really tight spots)
- Wire strippers (the ones that strip the wires automatically) They're lifesavers IMO.
- Butt-splice connectors (or soldering kit depending on how well you want to install your signals and future mods)
- Electrical tape (God's great gift to man)

I think that's it. And with all the above tools, you can usually find a tool set containing all of it for just under $100 bucks.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:31 PM

Greggs customs, gotta support the local boy, my buddy knows the guy.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:06 PM

all i have to say is that rizoma makes flushies look out of date, and stick out? blinkers look bad ***

i want some

Quick Reply: Rizoma vs Hotbodies