riding is riding

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: riding is riding

Hi all,
Well first, Raptor, it's not really a wave as much as the left hand held out sidewase by the left knee. I like to think of it as a "Low five" :-)

When riding in the cities I adopted the "only wave to sportriders" credo because so many of the cruisers were so rude.

NowI live in rural northern California and all riders wave to each other...like it should be as a nice happy two-wheeled communal gesture of respect. It's really quite nice.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mikeys06cbr600rr

HA WORD UP SOME CRUISERS GUYS ONLY WAVE SOME TIMES I REMEMBER ONE TIME I WAVED AT ONE OF THE ******** AND DIDNT WAVE BACK THEN ANOTHER CRUISER CAME UP AND HE WAVED AT HIM I WANTED TO OVER AND KICK THE F*&%#$ OFF HIS DAMN HARLEY
That's some ummmm, well.....how do I describe your post???

No, I'll just be nice.

I see at least a couple hundred bikes a weekend around here and a large percentage are cruisers. At least 90% wave. *shrugs* I guess we have great people here. hahaha, what a great place to live.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:44 PM

Lol....this thread (and its concurrently worsening posts)is rediculous. You are actually going to take the time to be pissed off because a rider didn't wave back?
Are your feelings really that fragile, that you would want to bother to be upset by something so trivial?

Might want to thicken your skin some.......I ride both a Harley AND and a Honda CBR. Its a completly different experiance, but we are all enthusiasts of the samelifestyle facing the same thrills and dangers. I wave to everyone. Its no skin off my back if they don't wave back.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:06 AM

You mean like the secret handshake LOL

i had this mental vision of you guys waving hands in the air cos i sure one poster said he does when he is in his cage LOL

Old 07-07-2007, 02:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wave all the time. There are a couple that I miss (because I'm concentrating on traffic and whatnot). I figure that most of them are doing the same, trying to keep the cell-phone driving jackass off their tails instead of worrying about waving to me.

I wave, and if I don't get one back, no biggie. In the end, it's just a wave. It doesn't matter if Harleys/Cruisers don't wave back........I waved to them and that's all that matters.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:01 AM

I'm with mojo who cares if someone doesn't wave back

Old 07-07-2007, 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Brennan

ok you know when you are riding down the street and you see another bike you give a him a wave, well where i live if you ride a sportbike then all the cruisers dont give you the wave, espically harley riders. i think that riding is riding no matter what you are on, it pisses me off when im passing a guy on a cruiser and i dont get the wave back like they dont consider what we ride real bikes. im still gonna give them the wave but not first, im gonna wait and ill return the wave if i get one, just my thoughts.
When I was filling up at my usual gas station yesterday morning, this scroatbag biker wanna be dude, you know, the long haired smelly type, asked me when I was gonna get a "real" bike. I just smiled and asked him what he rode, he repiled, "Oh, I'm between bikes right now". I just laughed and told him to shut the f**k up.Some ppl are just idiots.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:39 PM

Are your feelings really that fragile, that you would want to bother to be upset by something so trivial?
heres the thing, im not having a little kid temper tantrum about this, to me it is the principal, i brought this up because it happens, i know alot of people who ride harleys and other cruisers, and they say they wont wave to sprotbikes because they consider them girly bikes and what not, pretty much not real bikes. and i think that is bullsh*t because to me and all my buddies that ride sportbikes and cruisers riding is riding it doesnot matter what you ride or how you ride, and like you said mojo,
but we are all enthusiasts of the samelifestyle facing the same thrills and dangers
so what makes a harley rider more special than somone who rides a sportbike. to me it would be nothing, you ride for the thrill and love of riding no matter what it is, its the bias and seperation that is between sportbikes and cruisers that pisses me off. ya they may be to different lifestyles but at the same time they are the same

Old 07-07-2007, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I wave all the time. There are a couple that I miss (because I'm concentrating on traffic and whatnot). I figure that most of them are doing the same, trying to keep the cell-phone driving jackass off their tails instead of worrying about waving to me.

I wave, and if I don't get one back, no biggie. In the end, it's just a wave. It doesn't matter if Harleys/Cruisers don't wave back........I waved to them and that's all that matters.
+1 Blue[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 07-07-2007, 10:34 PM

+2 to what he just said!

Quick Reply: riding is riding