rider down

Old 08-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rider down

went riding to rosevelt lake through globe and ended up in payson and there was an accident that happended just after globe like 5 min before we got there and as we came up there were giving CPR to the rider the bike looked like a harley the sleeping bag gave it away but we were already waiting atleast 15min and the guy still wasnt up and because it was in the twisties after we left the scene the ambulence didnt start coming down til about another 10min or so i dont think he made it and of COUSRE HE HAD NO GEAR a cager took him out!! it was a sad day

Old 08-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Mad
Default RE: rider down

Sorry to hear a rider went down.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:06 PM

Does the fact that he had no gear have to be brought into this? So what, he went down, he obviously was extremely hurt considering you don't think he made it. Why bring up the fact that he had no gear. I've seen people go down in full gear and still bite the dust. I personally wear only a helmet, a rather thick t-shirt and most often shorts while riding. Gear won't always save you and often people with gear feel they can push the limit even more because they feel invincible. Feel free to let us know of situations of other riders going down but try not to place any kind of blame as to why injuries were so bad.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: BBLineBacker81

Does the fact that he had no gear have to be brought into this? So what, he went down, he obviously was extremely hurt considering you don't think he made it. Why bring up the fact that he had no gear. I've seen people go down in full gear and still bite the dust. I personally wear only a helmet, a rather thick t-shirt and most often shorts while riding. Gear won't always save you and often people with gear feel they can push the limit even more because they feel invincible. Feel free to let us know of situations of other riders going down but try not to place any kind of blame as to why injuries were so bad.
What is this?! He made no mention of blame on as to "why injuries were so bad." He simply stated a fact. You're the one ranting about gear/no gear like some girl. People going down in full gear that "bite the dust" would have been just as bad or worse if not in gear, but it's a guarantee that they wouldn't have been any better with no gear. It's a proven fact that wearing a helmet could decrease the chances offatal head injuries by at least three times. I can't believe I'm even responding to your bull**** comment.

Sorry to hear the rider went down, I hope he made it.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: BBLineBacker81

sorry that you feel that way man i was just saying he could have had a better chance with gear thats all i hate to see a rider down thats first time i've actually seen a guy that literally went down 5 min. prior to the scene and the rest of the day was just ****ty and when i went down luckiely my gear saved me from road rash and my helmet from hitting the road and the side of the mountain i dont feel that i push it i dont do wheelies or anything like that i just like taking my bike up in the mountains and tearing up the twisties

Old 08-14-2007, 01:09 AM

Gear or no gear its still a sickening feeling to see someone go down.

I was out on saturady morning and unfortuneatly I witnessed an 18 year old kid on an old ninja go down around a sweeping left, I couldnt see if a car bumped him or what.. he went down with gear and never got back up..

I didnt ride that whole day after I saw the state troopers put the white sheet over him..

Old 08-14-2007, 02:44 AM

+1

Last week we had a fatal motorcycle accident in Columbus, OH. Guy on a 07 Susuki 1000 was going extremely fast down a side rode that really went no where (cow barns). When he entered a hard curve he dumped it, and got thrown upside down andinto a metal pole crushing his helmet/skull, wrists, ankle and other parts. He continued going until he hit a sign and bent it back. No gear in the world would have saved him at that point. I saw the pictures of the accident and the rider and it definately wasn't a pretty sight.

These things just have to remind the rest of us to be more cautious out there and no matter what we do or wear it can be over in an instant.