Ride Height???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride Height???

Racked up my first few 100 miles on the RR. Great experience but two complaints. One, the seat (Corbin will fix that one) Ride height is the other. Is the stock suspension preload adjustable to lower it a touch, or will I have to purchase an aftermarket link to fix the problem? Has anybody else had this situation? My service manuals are not here yet.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:20 AM
Default RE: Ride Height???

I just rode my bike for 1500 miles round trip from Thurs. to Sunday of last week. On Sunday alone, 10 hours straight on a completely stock 07.

No complaints here.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:11 AM

ORIGINAL: jrm03

Racked up my first few 100 miles on the RR. Great experience but two complaints. One, the seat (Corbin will fix that one) Ride height is the other. Is the stock suspension preload adjustable to lower it a touch, or will I have to purchase an aftermarket link to fix the problem? Has anybody else had this situation? My service manuals are not here yet.
Your going to need a lowering link for the rear and to keep the bike level you'll have to move the fork tubes up in the triple clamps. This will have a negative effect on handling and ground clearance of your bike and if you lower it too much you'll have to have your kickstand cut and welded.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:39 AM

Thanks for that info, I am only 5 6 so being flat footed on the ground is a stretch and my posture puts a lot of weight on my hands. Seems like a lot of trouble so maybe a set of hella (sp?) bars would help.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: itms1022

I just rode my bike for 1500 miles round trip from Thurs. to Sunday of last week. On Sunday alone, 10 hours straight on a completely stock 07.

No complaints here.
No one asked how yours is stock, he asked specific questions. Do you have anything productive to add to the thread?

Changing the ride height, either by lowering links or adjustments is going to change the geometry and/or setup of the suspension and can be a bad thing. The seat is no big deal but honestly you'll get use to the stock one. Changing the bars is expensive and in reality just covering up for other issues.

If you start strengthening your abs and back and work on keeping the weight off of your hands you'll find the ride a lot more enjoyable over distance. It sounds like you would have been happier on an F4i.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:22 AM

My original interest was the F4i but got a great deal on it. I had an F3 previously which had the hella bars already on it and didn't have this problem. Like you said, over time I should adjust myself to amore comfortable riding style. Its definitely a way different machine. Thanks for the help guys, I guess comparing this to a later model CBR isn't justifyable, thats why I bought a new one. Thanks.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:11 AM

when i bought my bike the guy before me put a lower link on the rear and i hate it cause im 6'4. im willing to trade or sale or what the hell ever cause the stock one for my 06 is like 130$

Old 06-29-2007, 01:13 AM

You need to adjust the suspension to you weight.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:56 PM

Ur in the same boat that im in- right at 5' 6' and im toeing it if i put both feet down. I too considered lowering my bike but after some reading, and personal opinions from other local riders, I decided not to. The RR was made to be the way it is, and altering it would be and injustice, as well as comp for the good susp and handling. So now i've just gotten used to the slight stop light lean and toe shuffle when backing into spaces. All in all its not as bad as some people make it out to be. Good luck and I hope it works out for ya-

Old 06-30-2007, 07:47 PM

Enzo, I am with ya. I am just getting used to tippy toein around, and its coming around. I am not going to do anything. I just softened up the suspension a touch when I noticed the rear tire dancing around while cornering. No worries. Thanks fellas. Ride on.

Quick Reply: Ride Height???