Resonating sound from the front end

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resonating sound from the front end

Was wondering if anyone else experiences this: When riding around I hear this vibrating plastic sound from the front-end of the bike. It changes at different RPM's. Tightened all the fairing screws and such. Still there. '07 CBR600RR. Never dropped. Garaged and maintained perfectly. 1800mi on it. I had this on my F4i too. Maybe it's just the way it is. Just sounds like that rattle you can never find in your car. Same here on the bike. Where is it coming from?

Thanks in advance if someone has a solution or can relate to this.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Default RE: Resonating sound from the front end

This is a common "issue" with the 07 CBR. Most people have either found it to be the wind screen, or, the cyclops light in the middle of the front of the bike.

Here's a link for you... read this, hope it helps. ==>HERE<==

Old 02-05-2008, 12:07 PM

mine does it too.. its the Cyclops light in the center of the nose. It did it from the factory, and it still does it after I changed my windscreen... just get a louder pipe and forget about it, its just a quirk.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:52 PM

Okay. Good to know. And thanks for the Link. It is helpful. Hopefully, either messing around w/ the Windscreen or the "third eye" will eliminate the noise.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:46 PM

yeah, mine does it too. has for about 15000 miles. tighten everything down and it still rattles....

Old 02-05-2008, 06:20 PM

I did what was mentioned in a thread from 600RR.net. They recommended double sided taping the V part under the Windscreen. It worked. No more vibration noise.
Thx!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:28 PM

I was beginning to hear the rattle on mine too. I appreciated the rattle being so small because it is awesome compared to my noisey-fairinged EX650R. That bike drove me nuts, and Itook the fairings off twice to insulate it. I figured I would leave this rattle until I take the front end apart for some reason.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:54 PM

FYI- It's actually quite easy to fix. Just remove the Windscreen with a phillips sd and place double sided tape at the bottom tip. Replace and violla! Took me about 15minutes.

ORIGINAL: Tacoma25

I was beginning to hear the rattle on mine too. I appreciated the rattle being so small because it is awesome compared to my noisey-fairinged EX650R. That bike drove me nuts, and I took the fairings off twice to insulate it. I figured I would leave this rattle until I take the front end apart for some reason.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:59 PM

I like how easy it sounds, maybe if it warms up a little, I will pull out the windscreen and do it. I hate taking things apart when it is cold out because it increases the brittleness....

Old 02-06-2008, 06:38 PM

Yeah, you have to bend the upper plastic support quite a bit to get the Windscreen off. It's warm here, (70's), so it wasn't an issue for me. Glad to get rid of that rattle.

ORIGINAL: Tacoma25

I like how easy it sounds, maybe if it warms up a little, I will pull out the windscreen and do it. I hate taking things apart when it is cold out because it increases the brittleness....

Quick Reply: Resonating sound from the front end