replacement brake and clutch lever

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacement brake and clutch lever

Anybody have any ideas of brake and clutch levers. looking for a nice set to replace my standard ones.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Default RE: replacement brake and clutch lever

what type are you looking for ? aftermarket replacement oem ? or carbon fiber, certain color, etc... ??

Old 05-29-2006, 09:13 PM

Looking around and I see these Brembo ones. Whats a master cylinder? its a little confusing.

Old 05-29-2006, 11:32 PM

the master cyclinder is what transfers the squeezing of the levers to the brake lines

are you just looking for bling or what?

if you've just got money to burn CRG's or Pazzo's are the most popular aftermarket brake levers, they really don't have any valuable function though unless your an endurance racer

personally I stick with the stockers, replacements are dirt cheap

Old 05-30-2006, 04:18 AM

If you have the dough, the CRG and Pazzo's are adjustable both clutch and brake side which is nice, but not worth the cash in my opinion...I made my levers different by taking a hack saw to them...now I have a nice set of shorties.

Old 05-30-2006, 06:39 AM

yeah thats what I am looking for, your right guess they wont do anything but they look nice. So I assume I buy these brake clutch levers with the master cyclinders. I look around I see some that fold up and it has a warning for "racing only" can someone explain?

I am looking at these at the moment.

http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Brem..._Cylinder.html

So guys you think getting replacements that are are better value?

Old 05-30-2006, 11:57 AM

You're going to have to do some minor modifications (I think to the banjo bolt) to use those, because it's not just a lever, it changes your brake system...and the web site doesn't lie, it is for race purposes only, because you don't require the stopping power these things give on the street...better brakes, does not equal a better rider...you'd be better off investing in better gear than these levers.

Because the Brembo master cylinder has a bigger piston it moves more fluid and gives a shorter, lighter pull with a better response...in other words "holy ****" when you first pull the brake.

It's your money, but unless your intending on some serious track/race time don't bother...

Old 05-30-2006, 12:33 PM

thanks for the advice. Think will save money and just get some replacement levers instead. I like the way the brakes feel already, nice and progressive, your right anything more I think will be "holy ****". just spent an hour on her riding through the country roads. Probably change the hose. what do you think of the galfer wavy disc?

Old 05-30-2006, 01:27 PM

Galfer lines and Wave disks are great, but again if you're planning mostly street riding...even an occasional track day, they're not worth the money, because they won't be used to their potential. You're putting a lot of thought towards your brakes and the stock brakes are excellent, better than most of us could ever utilize...just curious, but why are you so focused on the brakes?

Old 05-30-2006, 02:32 PM

Wanted to modify my bike slowly. Starting with brakes ands and suspension then finally will end with engine tuning and possibly a full re spray. Just like the appearence of those Wavy disc like the ones on the Kawasakis. But is seem like that I dont really have to do anything to my bike as its already "quite good" but that little voice in my head says modify me please.

Quick Reply: replacement brake and clutch lever