read and save urself some pain

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 06:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default read and save urself some pain

well heres my F UP learn from it

dont be a lazy **** and clean ur bikes chain or ur friends chain on a center stand or pitbull while idealing in first......snip'd the end of my fingures off on my right hand.....

i was so use to doing it to my mtn bike i didnt think anything of it nut tge rag caught and there went 2 fingure tips

Old 05-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Default RE: read and save urself some pain

Oh man that's terrible, I'm so sorry dude. Hope you're still able to ride. Can't believe you were still able to post this after your ordeal. Not to make fun, but how did you manage to type in this post?

Old 05-30-2006, 07:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ow damn! Suggestion Noted!

Old 05-30-2006, 08:00 AM

cant sleep ....still got all my left hand........and god will have to take mt life if he intends to keep me from riding....... its kinda wierd cause ive had a bad feeling for about the past 2 weeks i felt like someyhing was about to happen

Old 05-30-2006, 08:05 AM

Sorry to hear that. I've heard of that happening once before somewhere and it was the same outcome, so you're not the only one. How far down the finger tips did it get? Hope it didn't go into the bone any.

Old 05-30-2006, 08:19 AM

took the nails i think the doc had to trim some of the bone b/c there wasnt ebough flesh left..... still have all knuckels or at least thats what he said i havent seen my hand yet its wrapped for a while

Old 05-30-2006, 10:16 AM

Oh man!!!! I'm TRULY sorry. Feel like I know you since you live close & we've traded PM, etc. I know you will struggle with this for some time. Please try your best to see a ways into the future when your body & brain will have adapted to this & you will eventually be able to work around this with amazing skill. I know it seems far fetched right about now, but we humans are pretty wonderfully made, and the old body & mind have ways of coping that are nothing short of miraculous. Hang in there my friend!! It will get better.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:32 AM

thx mang no worries the body heals

Old 05-30-2006, 10:37 AM

Glad you've got a positive mindset about this. You'll be back riding soon. I REALLY appreciate you sharing this with the group. I might have been tempted to try that on my stand too. Likely you saved someone else some real pain & loss. THANK YOU TWEAK!!!!

Old 05-30-2006, 11:37 AM

Very unfortunate my friend, I'll pray for a speedy recovery and a short adjustment period. I've amputated the tip of my thumb many years ago from a punch press without safety shields, it sucks and takes some minor adjustments, but I'm ok and still alive. They took a skin graft from my hip and added it to the tip of my thumb and you can hardly notice...you'll be fine, so do exactly what the doctors want you to do!

By the way, you can clean your chain on a stand, just don't do it with the motor running, I hate to say it's a well known fact that you could get your hand caught in the chain as tweak unfortunately found out...this happens a lot with bikers, yet still people do it...don't be tempted to do it...take the key out of the bike when you raise it up.

Quick Reply: read and save urself some pain