quick tire question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick tire question

is conti-road attack decent tires for my RR?
i mainly need good handling for street.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Default RE: quick tire question

I'd personally go with the Dunlop Qualifiers, that's what I have on my bike. I love them to death. They are, by far, the best tire(s) that I've ever rode on. ALTHOUGH...Michelin's making tires now, Pilot Power 2CT, which have dual compounds...like medium in the "middle" and soft sides, etc.. I haven't tried them out, nor do I know anybody that has, but they may also be a good tire because you can have a medium tire for the street, but when you want to snug the twisties, or track days, the softer edge is there. The new Michelins come in numerous different dual compounds, so, do some reasearch and find out which is better suited for your riding style. But for the money and reputation, I'd go with the Qualifiers. Not only are they a great tire, but they've won so many awards, etc., because so. Anyways, good luck, I hope that you find what you're looking for!

Old 11-21-2006, 07:14 PM

+1 on the Qualifiers. I have them on my bike and they are a good comopund tire for me. They give good middle compound for the highways and such while still giving you a softer sidewall for the turns and whatnot. They grip verywell on the street to me, and they dont take very long to warm up either. However, I think any multi-compoundtire like this will work, its just your preference.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:58 PM

Qualifiers ROck! I love them and would choose nothing else.

BTW...you shoud learn to change your own tires! I have saved Thousands by doing my own tires!

The balance costed me $50 the bead Breaker $85!

Old 11-21-2006, 10:31 PM

Thats why I have a free tire plan!!! WooHoo!!! Free tires and install for 3 years

Old 11-21-2006, 11:48 PM

Pilot powers, Metzler M3's, Dunlop Qualifiers, Purelli Diablo's. All good tires. Can't go wrong with them.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dunlop Qualifiers are great tires, I'm going to stick with those for a while.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:43 AM

thanks for all the suggestions guys. next tire change will def. be mich. pilot powers. and will learn myself. i asked specifically for the conti road attacks because the neighborhood shop i dropped my bike off will give me a good deal on them (and if putting conti road (not sport) attack on would mess up handling). the guy said theyre "better" than dunlop qs, but equal to michelin pp's and metzlers. i think r1's use conti. anyhow, now im worried about leaving my baby there cause he's used to older bikes and has had only one rr, but has worked on ninjas. will he be able to torque the pro link swingarm to specs and change the specs spark plugs? he said ngk is the best. also im getting paranoid thinking about swapping. how can you check if your engine has been switched? is there vin #'s on the engine? at the time i dropped it off i felt ok, now im feeling uncomfortable.

Old 11-22-2006, 03:30 PM

Sounds like you got bigger problems there than tires.

NO WAY is Conti's as good as PP's M3's or Q's! BS!

Yamaha's Come with Pirelli and or Dunlop!

Old 11-22-2006, 11:27 PM

ok so my engine might be swapped. i figured im being screwed over. im gonna take the bike back tomorrow, or friday.

Quick Reply: quick tire question