question for the more experienced

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for the more experienced

This is my first post, but ive been looking and reading thru many of the threads. I have a 03 600RR, im third owner but knew both previous owners, bike was dropped couple times i just fixed and got all the panels repainted from a friend at a body shop. All maintanance has been done on the bike, most of which by me. Bike is around 19,300 miles, 11000 of them are from me last year. I like wrenching on bikes mechanically, and i would like to stay in the 600 class simply for its handling and it actually has its uses, rather then the useless liter bike. Liter would be nice, but useless for my needs. I would like to work on a 600 make it a lil more powerful and just a lil more fun not that it isnt now.

Point being, i just was wondering if some of you more experienced riders would get a newer model RR with a less miles or what you would be more leaning towards doing. My bike at 20K is still running very well and reliably in case you thought that was an issue.

Dave

Old 04-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Default RE: question for the more experienced

If the bike runs fine and is suiting your needs, then why would you change? What kind of mods do you have on it? If you want more power and performance then look into simply adding some better mods and playing with that.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:42 AM

Sprockets will give you the biggest change in one mod as far as power goes besides nos or supercharger lol

Old 04-04-2007, 02:12 AM

Any 600 is going to be limited to around 115 HP max with slip on, k&n power commander etc.Nos is for retards and extremely hard on the motor. HP isn't what makes you go, it's the torque. The only way you'll get any substantial difference is moving up bigger.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:53 PM

Dwhite645 Please don't make a broad statment like those with out backing up what your saying with some sort of logic behinde it. Please don't call people retards either we can disscuss anything with out getting at each others nerves. Any porformance part besides a better oil is going to be harder on your engine. NOS is not for retards sigh. If someone knows how to set it up its realy not bad for your engine justdon't go slaping a hundred hp shot on there. Yes hp makes you go fasteralong with tourqe sigh. This is complicated but here goes as best as i can explain it without posting long butt artical. MoreHp makes you go faster- More Tourqe makes you get up to that speed faster.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:21 PM

I would like to stay away from the whole NOS or turbocharging thing. Now but I understand that torque makes more of a diff, and i would like to stick with the stock sprocket so that it wont affect my top speed. (Yes i know your thinking theres no need to go that fast, but every once and a while... well ya know) But as far as power commander goes and headers and exhaust go, is it worth it to start modding a bike with 20K on it. I have a kid I work with interested in getting it as his first bike, and its a good deal for the both of us, and Ive been talking to a couple dealers around me and one of them is willing to go to $10200 OTD on an 06 CBR1000RR, brand new. Which is one hell of a deal. Still wondering what some of your more experienced fellas thoughts are.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, very much appreciated.

Dave

Old 04-04-2007, 09:37 PM

i guess it all comes down to how much you like your bike and if you have the funds to get a new bike

Old 04-04-2007, 09:59 PM

Well its the simple fact that it has been down a couple times although i have repaired all the fairings and its painted. And im really trying to find a reason to get a brand new bike LOL. But realistically, my bike isnt really my bike simply cuase all ive done is maintain it, nothing special to make it mine. So parting with it for a brand new bike that will be mine and only mine will not be difficult what so ever. So we will see what happens, if anyone has any input, my ears are always open.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:32 PM

If ya havn't had a 60 for long then your way far away from being ready for a 1000cc. If y gana do it get the freaking repsol they are so cherry

Old 04-04-2007, 10:52 PM

Well ive been dirt bikes for a while, last year was my first time on a sport bike and on my sport bike in 6 months i know you wont believe me but i put about 12K of those miles on it. Which is why i said i only got a chance to maintain the bike and never get any performance mods, cuase i was really just getting used to the power and how it handles, andi mean i understand that the 1000 will be completely different and to respect my right hand, so i can handle the power since i know how to respect it. That wasnt really one of my worries, and if there gonna sell me hte 1KRR for less than an 07 600RR i figured what the hell, even tho i understand i wont even ride a 600 to its full capabilities.

Dave