A question everyone can answer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A question everyone can answer!

How didyour parents react to you getting a bike?
My dad is freaked out about me getting one. He is not happy at all.
I was just wondering if everyone went through that?
How did you get them to realize its ok?

Just curious!

Old 12-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Default RE: A question everyone can answer!

I mean, I had it pretty easy compared to most. My mom met my step dad. He was a new rider. He bought my mom a bike that I rode more then her. And then last Friday they bought me a brand new 2008 CBR600RR limited edition Graffiti.

Im not spoiled I promise. Its an early graduation/18th birthday present. And I love riding every minute!

Now what is your story JeepGirl?

Old 12-04-2007, 01:27 PM

My dad was cool with it I guess. He has a Shadow so its a breeze with him. My fiance on the other hand wasnt too happy at all. Theres nothing you can actually do in this situation except let it blow over. My fiance is slowly commin to realize that I'm not gonna give up the bike and not gonna sit at home on a beautiful day and watch movies with her when there is a bike to be ridden i nthe garage. She did make the comment thatit was either her or the bike and I told her topack her sh*t. I'm not gonna give up a pasion like my bike to a girl (no offense)There are too many other chicks out there that will either ride on the bike or get their own that I can date. HAHHA . Just calmly tell them that " hey, Its my decision to ride a bike and you need to support me rather than bring me down." Just know you have our support in your journies.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:58 PM

Im not spoiled I promise. Its an early graduation/18th birthday present. And I love riding every minute!
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]What? Did you read that sentence? LOL.

My dad rode growing up so he put all of us on a bike at 6yrs old. It wasnt too hard for me to talk them into it. LOL

Old 12-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dad didn't seem to care much either way - I'm 31 - strings have long been cut. - He had Harleys galore in the 70's all the way till when I was a toddler...
Mom kept egging me on about getting a fourwheeler instead - even after the ebay deal had been done - she talked about horrific accidents and how I should be getting something we all can enjoy...
Wife asked what would happen if she ran into it in the garage with the car - I asked what would happen if I set her couches on fire... - End of that discussion =-)

Old 12-04-2007, 02:13 PM

My dad was alright with me getting a bike, he had one when he was young and so he thought it would be alright, I was 17 when I got it so he had to sign for me to get my motorcycle endorsement, then after I had it a year, my dad decided to get one too, so he got a 06 Triumph America, its pretty sweet for a cruiser

Old 12-04-2007, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: CBR Jockey

[sm=wakeup.gif]HAHAHAHA Thats funny!!! You know what I got for my graduation. A pat on the back and a good job son. I'm proud of you!!!! Woo-Hoo. And thats graduating 4th in my class!!!!!!! Oh well. Life sux some times right. Take care of the bike and dont act stupid on it!!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 02:59 PM

dad doesn't know..he lives outta state and we don't talk, but he rode Harleys back in his days, so he would prolly just tell me to be careful...mom freaked! she kinda blames bikes in general for ruining her marriage to my dad...wife and kids love it, although my son doesn't like riding b!*ch, so he won't ride...guess he'll have to get his own!

Old 12-04-2007, 03:09 PM

My story is different I guess, Im the odd ball of the family. I like doing things most dont.
My family thinks im insane. Really, I have no idea where it comes from, its just things I love to do.
I love skydiving, I like working hard, I love fast and old cars, I love motorcycles, I like things on the wild side, I want to go skydive in Hawaii, So I can be surrounded by water when I go to land, I want to go base Jumping. I just like things most girls dont. haha
Im just different. The girls in my family are prim and proper, im rough around the edges, I guess you can say?
No one in my family has ever had a motorcycle, and I think the thing that freaks my dad out is, I got in a really bad Jeep wreck with an old friend of mine. I wasnt driving, I was just riding and a truck hit us going 60. I hit the windshield and messed myself up pretty bad, I still have pains in my sternum and I get headaches out of this world. Well my dad was out of town when it all happened and all people could say is, you almost died. He heard that and I think it really scared him. That and I have health problems, something has been wrong with my stomach for 2 years now, It sucks but really, I dont care.. I keep on, keepin on.
I think he thinks im pushing my luck..lol
I just want to have fun and experience new things and live life. Thats what its all about right?
I think he hears stories and all of that stuff above freaks him out.
I dont know. I guess it will pass sooner or later.

I dont have the bike yet. Due to owning another money pit it is taking a little while.

Wow, a bike for graduation, thats awesome!

Old 12-04-2007, 03:12 PM

Dad told me, he would pay it off if i would let him burn it!..and swore to never get another.

Quick Reply: A question everyone can answer!