Push me one way or another...

Old 04-03-2008, 04:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Push me one way or another...

Ok so I can't make up my mind on what I want to do with my bike since money is tight and I want to ride.

So if you have any input please help....lol

Option #1
RaceFairings for $365.00
Modify them to accept 1 headlight(Can this be done easily??)$185.00
Meter/Mirror Stay $68.00
Air Duct $115
Rearset parts $90.00
Brake Lever/Brake Line/Windscreen$70.00
Paint Job when money comes around $500ish

I would be back on the road quickly and track day ready (Just not looking glamorous yet)

Option #2
Upper Cowl $200.00
Left Mid Fairing $140.00
Left Bottom Mid Fairing $130.00
Right Mid Fairing $140.00
Headlight #1 $185.00
Headlight #2 $185.00
Rearset Parts $90.00
Brake Lever/Brake Line/Windscreen$70.00
Meter/Mirror Stay $68.00
Air Duct $115.00
Right Mirror $50.00
Flushmounts $100.00

Would take me the whole riding season but she would look as good as new.....

My future plansconsist of hitting as many track days as I can afford to safely practice/improve my skill level and ride the bike as much as possible during the summer months as a daily driver.

~Crash

Old 04-03-2008, 04:55 AM
Default RE: Push me one way or another...

Hey hey, I was the first one to vote

Just curious, why would it take you the whole riding season to get it done?

Old 04-03-2008, 07:24 AM

Camaro, he said because money is tight.

Crash, I would have to say go with the OEM fairing option, only because it seems like it would be a huge pain to have to do the mods for the headlight. PLus, you never know what the quality and fitment will end up being.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:48 AM

Where the heck did you find track fairings for that price? Tell me all your secrets! *creepy stare*

Seriously though... I'm looking for a second set of fairings for track days... and I can't find anything under the $500 and up range.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:03 AM

Race fairngs are cheap. Probelm is, most are fiberglass and wont give a whole lot and if you work on your pike, or stuff hit whatever they are more prone to crack or chip. A lot of maintanence on them.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:12 AM

E-Racing plastics $365.00 shipped ... www.superbikestore.net

You have to cut your own holes and the prep is a tad bit more then othersbut they seem to be getting really good reviews from some racers I know. And for the price... who the hell can complain, right?? lol

We have a member on here that is a distrubutor and he has offered a small discount... let me see if I can find his name again.

Here's the look i'll be going for butdifferent paint(This is superbikestore.net track bike)
Name:  bikebuild015.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  55.4 KB
Name:  bikebuild046.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  69.8 KB

Old 04-03-2008, 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: D2DGraphix_600RR

Race fairngs are cheap. Probelm is, most are fiberglass and wont give a whole lot and if you work on your pike, or stuff hit whatever they are more prone to crack or chip. A lot of maintanence on them.
You bring up a good point.. thanks D2D. I'll have to look into this and see if its something I can work with.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:13 PM

I say do whatever gets you on the road ASAP.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:43 PM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

You have to cut your own holes and the prep is a tad bit more then othersbut they seem to be getting really good reviews from some racers I know. And for the price... who the hell can complain, right?? lol

We have a member on here that is a distrubutor and he has offered a small discount... let me see if I can find his name again.
Let me know if you find that and can get it at a lower cost. Send me a PM when you do!

Also... what's the difference between "E-Racing Complete Kit" and "E-Racing Complete Kit - Superbike Tail"? Can I use my stock seat with one of them?

Oh yeah... and according to the site, E-Racings' fairings are flexible... so I would think that would mean you don't have to deal with cracking, and as long as your paint can be flexed (like the factory paint can), I would think you'd be fine? The drilling your own holes could be a challenge, but not THAT bad.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Lrn2Go

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Also... what's the difference between "E-Racing Complete Kit" and "E-Racing Complete Kit - Superbike Tail"? Can I use my stock seat with one of them?

Oh yeah... and according to the site, E-Racings' fairings are flexible... so I would think that would mean you don't have to deal with cracking, and as long as your paint can be flexed (like the factory paint can), I would think you'd be fine? The drilling your own holes could be a challenge, but not THAT bad.
From what I read.. the Complete Kit you can use your factory seat and the leg panels areconnected to the gas tank cover. TheSB tail you have to use padded foam, as the seat portionis not cut out for the stock seat and the leg panels are connected to the tail section and not the gas tank cover. (The One pictured above is the Stock Tail)As far as paint and flexibility, I too think i'd be ok (at while i'm on the road saving money on gas for a new set of OEMs...lol). Drilling my own holes doesnt bother me because I can be as **** as I want and ensure proper fitment

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Push me one way or another...