problems with the 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with the 600rr

Hey guys. This is my first post in here. i've been on a couple other forums, trying to find answers for a problem im having. now a serious issue with my 600rr has arose. Yesterday was a pretty hot day for a motorcycle and i was riding with my friend. My fan kicked on when it usually does but soon started making a high pitched noise. The bike then proceeded to turn off and also changed sounds altogether. She now sounds like my old hyosung 250-nothing at all(V-twin). I have no clue what it could be. She lacks any kind of power and i dont have the money right now to take her to a shop so if anyone could share some knowledge with me, it'd be greatly appreciated. I think i may be misfiring in a cylinder or a couple. im not really sure though. Thank you, in advance, for the help and advice.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:05 PM

I think we need more info. How hard were you riding? what was the engine temp when it shut down? When was the oil changed last? is there any oil dripping out of the bottom of the motor??

Old 11-14-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by ID_CBRRider
I think we need more info. How hard were you riding? what was the engine temp when it shut down? When was the oil changed last? is there any oil dripping out of the bottom of the motor??
I wasnt really riding hard at the time when it was doing it. we were in stop and go traffic. The engine got up to about 226 F and then changed sounds. then it shut off. i was still in traffic when it did it so i tried to start it back up. i didnt the first time but the second time it did and i rode the bike lane until i pulled off. The oil was last changed at a little past 6k miles on it. shes got a little under 6.5k now. and there isnt any oil dripping out

Old 11-15-2010, 01:41 AM

changed sound how? where is the sound coming from? any way you can take a 15 second video...post it on youtube or something?

Old 11-15-2010, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sean80
changed sound how? where is the sound coming from? any way you can take a 15 second video...post it on youtube or something?
I can't do it but ill see if i can borrow my gf's phone to do it. and changed sounds as in it sounds like my old 250 vtwin. sounds like A$$!! I wanna say its the cylinders misfiring or not sparking at all. ill try to get the video up asap but idk when that'll be.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:30 AM

May be that you fouled a plug out, i did this on my F4 about 2 years ago and they do sound like crap. Just pull the plugs and check them, that would be my guess.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:58 AM

So it didn't start pouring smoke or anything like that? the fan was making a high pitch noise? have you droped it recently? need more detail about "everything" your bike does when running.. trembling or jerking.. noise coming from the motor etc etc..

Old 11-15-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Quick6
So it didn't start pouring smoke or anything like that? the fan was making a high pitch noise? have you droped it recently? need more detail about "everything" your bike does when running.. trembling or jerking.. noise coming from the motor etc etc..
no smoke or anything. it just sounds like crap. definitely sounds like a couple cylinders. but when it messed up that day, it didnt do anything funny. she's been riding good up until then. no jerking or trembling. no noise from the motor, nothing. which is why this surprised me. it just came out of nowhere. i havent dropped her once since i had her, which i pride myself on but now that shes actin up, i wanna take her and lay her down a good time. haha. but i wont do that. i love her too much. im not sure if it was the fan or something else. i heard a high pitched noise and then she went down in the idle and then died. There wasnt really anything else

Old 11-15-2010, 11:32 AM

what kind of high pitched noise?

Old 11-15-2010, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Quick6
what kind of high pitched noise?
its a cylinder. cylinder number 1 wasnt firing. all the others were fine. just by the sound of the engine you could tell it had to be a cylinder. now the fun part...i took it to a shop and he showed me that my ignition coil wires were exposed and on the verge of fried. it was horrible. hopefully thats the only problem

Quick Reply: problems with the 600rr