probably going to get laughs from this question

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 02:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default probably going to get laughs from this question

hey guys i just had a simple question, and im sure its going to get laughs outa a lotta people =] i'm a noobie rider but i have over 2000 miles clocked on my ninja250. i wanna move to a cbr, and i might be later one this year, but i h wonder if there are any hard luggage options for the bike. i know ventura makes a rack for the bike, but i'm not sure if anyone has had any experience with it. i plan on doing some road trips, and thought a givi case might come in handy to store a few things. any suggestions?

i've looked into soft luggage options, but i'm more comfortable with the ability to lock things up....

Old 11-15-2007, 04:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: probably going to get laughs from this question

get a sport tourer then.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:25 AM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

get a sport tourer then.
+1

Old 11-15-2007, 06:34 AM

One can simply take the car....or get a removable saddlebag 3 piece system but i would really recommend a hard bag system on a sprtbike..once you get a CBR youll understand why...

Old 11-15-2007, 08:00 AM

HaHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Seriously though, that would throw the whole ergonomics of the bike off and with your limited riding experience the CBR is a lot of bike. Couple that with the "luggage" and that imbalance situation is a recipe for getting you seriously jacked up.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've looked quite a bit for locking hard luggage for my 954 and there's not much out there without getting custom. There are a few for the 600 (look at corbin) but they are very limited choices and pretty expensive unless you customize it yourself. My suggestion if you really want a "semi" sportbike and still want a Honda and still want locking hard luggage is to look at the Honda VFR ... there are a lot more hard luggage options out there for that bike.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:28 PM

Hard, soft , backpack, tank bag. regardless, at the end of the day your best bet is to take them in to your motel /tent / whoever lets you spend the night's room.

(If you can get away with it, getting a motel room onthe first floor lets you bring the bike itself in as well, priceless for the peace of mind that it'll be there in the morning)

Old 11-16-2007, 07:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that would throw the whole ergonomics of the bike off
Installing bags don't change ergonomics at all. Ergonomics are based on seat, hand, and foot positions. What it CAN do is change your center of gravity and weight bias from front to rear, but not enough to bother you much.

I would look into a soft bag system since you are not going to find a readily available hard bag solution without getting into something custom made.

Quick Reply: probably going to get laughs from this question