Power Commander and Intake for 07' cbr600

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander and Intake for 07' cbr600

Hey guys, I am new to this forum, but I thought if I wanted to get some info on my bike this would be the place to do it. Anyway here goes. I just recently installed the Jardine R1 exhaust on my 07' 600, so far I am very impressed with the sound and performance. It only makes sense to me, that if Im blowing more air out, then I want to pull more air in, so what I am saying is I am looking for a new intake or air filter, any suggestions, also I was thinking about putting a power commander on my bike, has anybody had any luck with anything, or have any suggestions.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Default RE: Power Commander and Intake for 07' cbr600

BMC filter. PC3 isnt absolutely needed, but can help with minor games.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:41 PM

+1 D2 on the BMC... I wouldnt really get into the power commander unless you are going with a full exhaust and re-gearing. The bike should have more then enough with what you have done. The power commander allows you to remap your fuel curve so that it matches your exhaust curve. A slip on exhaust really does not alter the exhaust curve far enough from stock to make much of a difference.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:55 AM

Take it from me.... BMC and PC3!

Yes its not necessary but beneficial, hells yes! Smoothes out the throttle response and gives power throughout the entire rpm range. Would not go any other way! Great setup you're working on

Old 03-29-2008, 05:56 AM

First and foremost, all of these bikes come lean from the factory to pass emissions standards. By adding even a slip-on, you are leaning out the mixture more. Not a good idea unless you are adding a Power Commander. The Jardine RT-1 map I installed last night shows as much as a 23% increase in fuel at 14,000 rpms. That is a whole lot more fuel being added to the mixture. And you are thinking of adding more air to the mixture by using a BMC filter, it would be a wise choice to have a PCIII. Otherwise, you are probably losing power by adding too much air and not enough fuel. Plus the bike will run hot without the fuel.

Do what you want and what your wallet can afford. Can your wallet afford a burnt motor? Make the investment in a PCIII and enjoy the results.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:56 PM

Hi there. This is my first time on this forum and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where to find a map for a Leo Vince slip on and BMC air filter. The PowerCommander site has one for a full exhaust system which I'm guessing won't be suitable for the slip-on.

Thanks!

Old 04-01-2008, 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Bifferone

First and foremost, all of these bikes come lean from the factory to pass emissions standards. By adding even a slip-on, you are leaning out the mixture more. Not a good idea unless you are adding a Power Commander. The Jardine RT-1 map I installed last night shows as much as a 23% increase in fuel at 14,000 rpms. That is a whole lot more fuel being added to the mixture. And you are thinking of adding more air to the mixture by using a BMC filter, it would be a wise choice to have a PCIII. Otherwise, you are probably losing power by adding too much air and not enough fuel. Plus the bike will run hot without the fuel.

Do what you want and what your wallet can afford. Can your wallet afford a burnt motor? Make the investment in a PCIII and enjoy the results.
A slip on without a PCIII will burn the motor?

Old 04-01-2008, 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mingstah

ORIGINAL: Bifferone

A slip on without a PCIII will burn the motor?

With adding a less restrictive filter, it is possible if you are not adding any more fuel.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:59 PM

U REALLY NEED A PCIII IF U JUST HAVE A SLIP ON???

Old 04-03-2008, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Thudux

U REALLY NEED A PCIII IF U JUST HAVE A SLIP ON???
"Need" ? No
"Good Idea" ? Yes

Damage to the motor is an extreme case but possible. For most of the newer bikes, the ECU will be able to make Minor changes to help offset the addition of a slip-on(tho it will be far from perfect).

I know with my Jardine, I noticed irregular idling, a jumpy power curve, and a delayed throttle response. The PC3 did wonders to correct those problems.

Quick Reply: Power Commander and Intake for 07' cbr600