Power Commander, Custom Maps, and Horsepower! What map do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power Commander, Custom Maps, and Horsepower! What map do you have?

I have a pc on my bike and well i didnt really notice a bid dif. A bit smther threw the rpms but that was with the map i got off the net. I just got the ignition mod and the quick shifter. Witch i havnt put on yet but i plan on geting it on the dyno and get it working the best i can.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:32 PM

Hopefully someone here can help. I didn't get any help my other forum. I have a 2003 600rr with a twin carbon d&d exhaust, stock air filter(i think). i might upgrade to a k&n or Bcm (right?). anyway, i can't seem to find a map for that setup ANYWHERE. does anyone have a custom map or knows where i can download one??? thanks, robert.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:32 PM

I have a full Ti Leo Vince exhaust, while the bike runs pretty good I can tell its lean in the mid range, think installing a PC would help?

Old 12-07-2006, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: vipkat

I have a full Ti Leo Vince exhaust, while the bike runs pretty good I can tell its lean in the mid range, think installing a PC would help?
i would like to know how you know that...

Old 12-07-2006, 01:14 PM

There is a dip in the power band around 6000-7000, im just guessing its lean because in my past experience when its overly rich it appears more like a stumble but hey im just guessing, I just wish the power delivery was more linear.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:33 PM

so really... you have no idea if it's running lean or rich... or neutral. You can't ever tell just by feel alone. unless you've got a a/f ratio analyzer (like those found on most dynamometers) you're only tossing grass in the wind. the tough thing about S/O systems is that they will run rich on one side of the RPM range and Lean on the other, so looking at the plugs alone isn't a very reliable indicator.

If you've got a PowerComander, you have little excuse not to get it custom programed for your bike.

Old 12-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Retired Administrator

I'm using the only map power commander has on their website for the 05 600RR with a slip on. I took it to a dyno to have it tuned, told them I had the PC3 USB and wanted to have it mapped right for my bike. They were grateful because they were doing pieces of crap choppers all day and had to actually tune the carbs and so on. They were happy because with a PC III USB, all they have to do is watch the dyno runs and make changes with a computer. No tinkering with bike really. After the 3 pulls, they gave me the maps and said there was nothing to adjust.

Old 12-24-2006, 12:19 AM

anyone have a PCIII on their bike (O3) with a two bro slip on that is not using the net map?

Old 12-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well - if it starts backfiring you can tell it's mostly likely lean

If it performs better on a really cold day it's probably rich.

I'm not sure I understand this whole not mapping thing. I guess people install pipes just for looks... but if I'm going to sink that kind of money into my bike I'm going to want to get the biggest positive change I can... getting it properly tuned for the new variables installed will do that, and also, be better for the bike.

I know these bikes are FI now, and it's not quite the same as installinga full system on a carbed bike and burning the valves off of it by running so lean... but still, a good map will make the bike run like it can...

Old 12-24-2006, 02:09 PM

i have a downloaded map, and it isnt perfect, but it is MUCH better than no PC at all. may consider getting it custom tuned though...

Quick Reply: Power Commander, Custom Maps, and Horsepower! What map do you have?