Power Commander, Custom Maps, and Horsepower! What map do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander, Custom Maps, and Horsepower! What map do you have?

So, here's a little poll I wanted to throw together. Trying to get some opinions, and some motivation to go out and possibly get a custom map done.

How do you have your PCIII programmed?

Old 07-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Default RE: Power Commander, Custom Maps, and Horsepower! What map do you have?

im goimg to go to a shop and have it down..when i feel like dropin 400 dollars on it..im sure its worth it. cause evey bike is different.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:17 AM

I started a thread in the 600rr section with no replies about this subject. I have a Micron CF slip-on and a K&N filter.

With the stock map, my bike seemed to run just fine.
With the map for the Micron exhaust/stock filter, the bike bogs and generally runs worse than the stock map.

I would vote on this but my verdict isn't in until I get a custom map done to see a difference. So far I vote taking my PC off and reselling it because it doesn't do me any good.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:25 PM

I've got a micron exhaust, and the stock filter. My bike is a little off and its running a tad bit rich by my estimations. I didn't think the k&n airfilter would change things that much, to make your bike run worse then stock. Some-one has to have the map for that set-up. Anyone have any good suggestions for places to download maps? Otherwise, I would try to google it.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:14 PM

I bought my bike with the K&N filter and the Micron slip-on already installed with no Power Commander. After I installed the PC, I just loaded the stock map because of a trip I took so I drove 500 more miles with the stock map (which ran pretty normal). When I got back, I loaded up the Micron exhaust/stock filter map and have noticed that it runs kinda crappy. My main complaint is that the bike will die at idle sometimes after loading that map. I thought it was because the bike was cold the first time it happened but it has been more frequent as time goes on.

I think my solution is just to do all the mods I can do without making it a track bike and putting it on the dyno. For now I am going back to the stock map. I have Google'd for maps since I loaded mine up and I haven't had any luck thus far.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:47 PM

I found a guy that does custom maps for about $100 bucks. He says he does qwite a few of them each year (70 or 80 so far this year.) I'm probably gonna hold off til later this fall, but if he does a good job with the maps, then that just goes to show that their are a few people out there that are willing to give you an honest price while working on your bike.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:30 AM

Here is a link look at m108-012. I just downloaded this map and am very happy. Bike runs way better. I have an 06 with the exact same setup. Hope this helps.

http://www.powercommander.com/108-211.aspx

ORIGINAL: gtjimm

I've got a micron exhaust, and the stock filter. My bike is a little off and its running a tad bit rich by my estimations. I didn't think the k&n airfilter would change things that much, to make your bike run worse then stock. Some-one has to have the map for that set-up. Anyone have any good suggestions for places to download maps? Otherwise, I would try to google it.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:51 PM

I dont mean to steal the topic,but if im getting a two brothers m2 exhaust,i dont need a power commander if thats it right? It wont be running ****..right?

Old 08-03-2006, 03:56 PM

I ran without a PC for a few months after adding a micron and the bike ran good. But when I added the PC the bike ran great. You'll be fine. Just get the PC later.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:52 PM

Tyler I saw your post on pc mapping and I see 2 options for micron slip on. My micron is the dual outlet. Is that the high mount option?
Which did you use?

Quick Reply: Power Commander, Custom Maps, and Horsepower! What map do you have?