plug n play HID

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plug n play HID

anybody know of a good place (not ebay) to order n HID kit for the 07's?

after riding home in a raintsotrm last night i realized i could use a set of HIDs so any opinions?

Old 05-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Default RE: plug n play HID

xenonrider.com

Old 05-28-2007, 02:05 PM

Question on that sorry to hijack. Those bi-xenon does that mean that both lights will be on at the same time? What happens to high beam as well.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:09 PM

no. it means that the bulb is a two in one. they are designed for assemblies that use different light emission positions to alter the beam pattern, like a maglite.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: ryman546

Question on that sorry to hijack. Those bi-xenon does that mean that both lights will be on at the same time? What happens to high beam as well.
with bi xexon both lights will be on. you would have both low and both high beam on one bulb. just like knightslugger said. the bulbs are built into one bulb. but i think you would have to make a new harness tho. and the bulbs wouldnt fit. it would be a custom project.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:01 AM

ORIGINAL: elcoomagnifico

ORIGINAL: ryman546

with bi xexon both lights will be on. you would have both low and both high beam on one bulb. just like knightslugger said. the bulbs are built into one bulb. but i think you would have to make a new harness tho. and the bulbs wouldnt fit. it would be a custom project.
no, they'd fit just fine, no custom fabrication needed. they are designed for an OEM fit and finish. as for both on... also no. one or the other, not both, just like a regular H4.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:18 PM

Don't do the kit. You can spend the same amount of money and do a real projector setup, and get legal results. I just finished this mod on my F4 and I did a writeup. If you take a look at the first picture you will see why you shouldn't do the kit. https://cbrforum.com/m_503775/mpage_.../tm.htm#504930

Old 03-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ IT'S NOT THE KIT. You have an older model bike with a headlamp that displays that beam pattern. HID bulbs (nor regular halogen bulbs) display any sort of beam pattern. The headlamp reflectors in the housing is what makes the beam pattern, and that's why you are getting a "glare" as you call it. I'm willing to be your regular halogen bulbs did the same thing. (either that, or the bulb wasn't installed correctly.)

Not bashing on you man, but please do some research before going out blaming the kit as the reason why it didn't work for you. My previous 06 had an the eBay HID kit.........worked absolutely pronominal (the kit even survived the crash and stayed illuminated even when the bike wouldn't start.) My current 07 has HID's now............Perfect. Same goes for my roommates 06, and 07.......and another friends' 08. We all have the 6000k eBay HID kit...........all correctly installed...........each of them having the exact same beam pattern as the stock bulbs, but much brighter and whiter (and no glare to even speak of.)

No glare...........the exact same beam pattern as stock bulbs...........

Name:  newHID006.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  37.3 KB

Name:  newHID008.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  52.9 KB

So please, stop spreading these rumors that the HID kits is to blame because this is just false. Your headlamp was the problem from the start (or incorrect installation and/or incorrect bulb-type installed)

Old 03-11-2008, 04:11 PM

Rather than start this debate on two different threads, just go to the discussion here: https://cbrforum.com/m_503775/mpage_.../tm.htm#504930 and decide for yourself.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: travisgarrison

Don't do the kit. You can spend the same amount of money and do a real projector setup, and get legal results. I just finished this mod on my F4 and I did a writeup. If you take a look at the first picture you will see why you shouldn't do the kit. https://cbrforum.com/m_503775/mpage_.../tm.htm#504930
i did the same thing that travisgarrison did on my 600rr. its amazing on how much it is different with projectors and hid. i have my high beem down some, so i have both lights on at night but dont have a high beem. you see so much more of the road. if you are interested in doing the custom projectors, i can help you out on it or do it for you.

Quick Reply: plug n play HID