Please read and help Dealer fraud

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please read and help Dealer fraud

I have been looking for a 2006 cbr600rr for 6 months now. My wife and I only got 8000 for honda card. After calling and calling and callin and calling well you get the idea. I found a dealer whos sales man named Louis Yarnbough at KC's power sports in huntsville alabama said he had one left. They had had it for a while and theywhere being charged interest everday while it was on the lot. I told him I new 8000 was not alot for this bike but that I wanted one for a while and since it is freezing outside I thought the dealers might be willing to let it go for that, I told him I needed to pay 8000 out the door including my state sales tax tag fees ect:. He said he would call me back. Well he called back and said they would take a loss on it since they had had it for so long. I stayed on the phone for at least 45 minutes giving him honda card infor and getting directions to the dealership since I was close to 100 miles away I wanted to make sure every angle was coverd. I asked him at least three times if he was including my state sales tax prp fees tags ect: he laughed and assured me over and over again that it was correct. now over 2 hours later Im there my wife and I went strait to finiance to sighn the paper work when guess what the finiance guy trys to get us to sighn a slip about state sales tax. This sent up a red flag. I said isnt my state sales tax in this deal and he said you guessed it.....no! Tags?...no.....regestration? no! altogether close to 800 dollars they wanted me to pay out of pocket back in tn. Now remember if we did not catch this move then I would have purchaced and been in tn only to find out I owed my state 800 dollars. I was not happy I asked to speak to the owner the sales manager ken refused. He started talking about how people come up there all the time to evade tn state sales tax on 4 wheelers you got it implying I was trying to do this with the bike. He told me I was unreasonable for asking the to honer the deal that we had struck for 45 minutes. He said he did not care if I told everyone I knew not to by there. He did not care if I reported him to the beter buiness burue, He did not care if I called Honda. The sales man came in and lied right to my face said he never said what I was saying. I told him he was a lier and that my wife heard him also since I asked him at least 3 times about every detail of the price and I even appologizide for asking him about the tn sales tax being included in the Price. Long story short I spoke to the nice recptionest and gut the reaganal managers name and number his name is Ken Vitulli ext 102 at # 256-650-1177. The number to Kc's powersports is 256-650-1177. Please if you have ever had this happen to you help me fight back. Call the dealership And let ken vitulli know that you wont be doing buisness there because of the disshonest thing they did. My wife and i spend 5 hrs doing nothing but driving to get my dream bike. Help me have my voice heard for all the people who have been bated and switched I even missed class to be treated this way. First I was ripped off and then I was insulted. Again the salemans name is Louis Yarbough do not trust this man he is a lier. Please call the dealership fyi they also own a dealership names Sarges cycles in columbia tn if you live in Tennessee or Alabama please call the dealership and let them know you wontbuy from cheats and liers. Thank you very much for helping me get my voice heard. Ps does anyone know honda corperates number so I can call them. Thanks

Old 02-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Default RE: Please read and help Dealer fraud

1-800-532-8127 is one of Honda Corporate numbers. That sucks they are like that. They trieds to do the same thing to me, and I stood up fromthe table and started to walk out and then they said they'll see what they can do. Low and behold 2 minutes later I was signing for what I was told. I hate when they pull that bullcrap!!! Sorry about that bro, good luck with the search!

Old 02-13-2007, 01:01 AM

well an oral contract was form on the phone and you say he breach his contract and you can take the business to court for it if you want to waste more time
just review the business on local sites like local.yahoo.com

Old 02-13-2007, 04:48 AM

interesting. so in your state you do not pay for the tax upfront during the purchase?

Old 02-13-2007, 05:24 PM

that's why i pay alittle more and support the local dealership...
this is a common practice to out of staters...

Old 02-19-2007, 11:32 PM

Hey everybody thanks for posting. Well I got my bike weeeee
Its an 06 cbr600rr black. I got it used. It was a trade in that had only 2600 miles on it. I have allready uninstalled the micky mouse ear front blinkers and replaced them with flush mount white blinkers that glow orange. I only paid 7526.27 including taxes fees tags and not a scratch on herblah blah blah all that crud. Fyi I have an 06 gsxr 600 black as well and I cant believe how much I love the Honda. Its like a rice rocket vs a musclle car. I love how the bottom end doesnt bog down on this thing. I got some gloves and my wife got a pink joe rocket jacket with money left over and of corse honda polish and the new blinkers for up front. Anyone know of some nice neons I can get on the belly of my baby. Is it hard to change the light out on the 3rd eye the stock one looks yellow when I compared to 2 below it. It looks just like 2 screws to remove plastic but Im afraid to mess anything up. Thanks for your sapport and if yall ever in tn look me up we can go riding. Im getting with some locals so maybe we will end up on utube or livvideo.com

Old 02-20-2007, 02:24 AM

You still want us all to call that STEALERship to support you? I say we do. I'm very happy to do so. Also, do you have email for them? It would be easy to write them too. Let us know. Glad you got a decent bike.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:12 PM

http://www.kcpowersports.com/contact_us.aspthat is link to thier web site. And hell yea call them. Power to the people we got to show them they can't do people like that i drive 5 hrs in suv to pick that bike up. Thanks bro

Old 02-20-2007, 10:25 PM

Here's what I sent:

Attn: Louis Yarbough;
Just letting you know that your shady sales practises are getting to be well known through the bike world due to the power of the internet. You tried to rip off a fellow rider by promising one thing over the phone & not honoring your word when he showed up after a 5 hour drive.
I'm quite sure that your dishonesty will cost you far more than the extra $800 you tried to make off of him.
It will be interesting to see what happens when Ken Vitulli & other interested management hears about this.
I won't be coming your way, nor anyone I speak with in the bike world.
Dishonesty does NOT pay!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 10:26 PM

Come on guys. Take a minute to rattle their cage. Send a STRONG message!!

Quick Reply: Please read and help Dealer fraud