Please help headlight problem.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

. . . you're going about this completely backwards. Don't just randomply replace stuff and hope for the best. Get a multimeter and start testing for power form the headlight socket all the was back through the bike and find the short. If you get power at the socket, then you know the bulb is bad.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:13 PM

Good idea thanks, I didn't think of that.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:42 PM

Welp I tried a new low bulb and WD40 in the switch, nothing... Going to a friends and we are going to voltage test from the bulb sockets back to the switch then switch to the fuse box. Little pain in the *** problem, I ride it in the day, the cops probably wouldn't pull me over. But I have to bum a ride home at night from work. Oya can pics be posted on here from the computer or just a URL location?

Old 09-13-2009, 04:41 AM

hi again does your bike stay outside in the rain alot , my first bike stayed outside alot and the water used to get into the switch and made the contacts ngo like a blue coating like when a battery has leaked and when i used to ride the bike the lights would come on some times then go off i tryed everything then i pulled the switch apart got to the cotacts cleaned them with sand paper put some water proof grease around the switch and bobs your uncle , have had the same problem with my fireblade straight to switch same problem , now the bike is kept in a workshop i havent had a problem with it, touch wood.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:23 PM

It is fixed. Some friends and I worked on it. I had to go to work and they continued to work on it. It was a short near the back. I think it might have been for the tail light to come on with the head lights, u know it comes on dim with the lights. I think it might have been out 2. They fixed it after watching a some football while I was at work... LOL. They drove it up there when I got off, my dumb friend was looking gay had his friend riding bitch... LMAO. I'm glad it is fixed.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:05 PM

Exactly where was the short cuz I have an 03 600rr and my headlights aren't coming on when I cut the bike on and my bike isn't staring up something wrong with the button but my tail light is fine

Old 09-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostrider600
Exactly where was the short cuz I have an 03 600rr and my headlights aren't coming on when I cut the bike on and my bike isn't staring up something wrong with the button but my tail light is fine
Not sure his short will help you find a short on your bike. A short can happen ANYWHERE along the wire harness.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:57 PM

I honestly don't know where that is either I just bought my 03 rr and it's been raining like crazy can someone tell me where the wire harness is

Old 09-14-2009, 01:44 AM

Ok im just guessing from my problem and the steps I went through, if the low is out and the high doesnt come on check the fuse. The headlights fuse is in the fuse box under the left plasic. I replaced it, I think it is the 20 at the top of the box but it has a fuse diagram on the top that snaps off the box. If it is not that check the bulbs, but just check them both to see if they "look" blown. Then what my friends and I were doing b4 I had to jet 2 work was using a voltage tester. Test at the bulb socket with the bulb out and the bike key on. Then test at the switch, with the switch taken apart. Test at the fuse box. That was as far as I got, not sure where my friend tested back behind the battery. I'm guessing if ur brake light is working, (if it comes on dim with the bike not just bright when hitting the brakes) then your short is probably going to be between the fuse box and switch or switch and the bulb sockets. I'm getting a cover for my bike it is suppose to rain all week....

Old 09-14-2009, 02:18 AM

Ok I'll try that but my tail light is fine comes on nice and bright

Quick Reply: Please help headlight problem.