Please help headlight problem.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 02:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Please help headlight problem.

Hey guys and gals. New here and to bikes. I have a 05 CBR600RR. It just rained today and the bike was out in the rain while I slept and my cover is in storage. I got on the bike tonight after it dried up today, cranked it (low beam came on) straightened up the front tire and put it in gear and matter of second or 2 the low beam went out. I tried the high beam and got nothing. Tried the turn signals they are fine... It looks like they run seperate but they run to the same switch. Would the low beam being out cause the high beam not 2 work. I asked a friend and he said they were the same bulb, I said I have a Honda not a GXR 2 diff lights! I also before had the tiny bulb out between the lights at the bottom of the windshield, when is that suppose 2 work? Can anyone help me out. I took the bulb out it looks fine, but just like with other bulbs and fuses looks are not everything. I am going to buy another H7 bulb 2morrow. I will update if it is still messed up.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by kylecbr600rr
Hey guys and gals. New here and to bikes. I have a 05 CBR600RR. It just rained today and the bike was out in the rain while I slept and my cover is in storage. I got on the bike tonight after it dried up today, cranked it (low beam came on) straightened up the front tire and put it in gear and matter of second or 2 the low beam went out. I tried the high beam and got nothing. Tried the turn signals they are fine... It looks like they run seperate but they run to the same switch. Would the low beam being out cause the high beam not 2 work. I asked a friend and he said they were the same bulb, I said I have a Honda not a GXR 2 diff lights! I also before had the tiny bulb out between the lights at the bottom of the windshield, when is that suppose 2 work? Can anyone help me out. I took the bulb out it looks fine, but just like with other bulbs and fuses looks are not everything. I am going to buy another H7 bulb 2morrow. I will update if it is still messed up.
hi get some wd40 and spray some into the light switch i had the same problem with two different bikes and this cured the problem , you need to take the switch apart and clean the inside and re-grease with water proof grease. hope this helps

Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 AM

Would the low beam being out cause the high beam not 2 work. .
No.

I also before had the tiny bulb out between the lights at the bottom of the windshield, when is that suppose 2 work?
It comes on when your headlight burns out. The fact that this is not on implies that you're not getting any power to the headlight. Check your fuses again. I see them burn on the sides ("legs") a lot, and people usually only check the middle.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by puggy
hi get some wd40 and spray some into the light switch i had the same problem with two different bikes and this cured the problem , you need to take the switch apart and clean the inside and re-grease with water proof grease. hope this helps

The problem isn't the switch, as NONE of his headlights come on, not just the high's. The low should always be on.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:53 PM

Ok ok. Rmbr Im a huge newb, but where r the fuses. I thought of that 2 I just didn't know where the fuses are. Low came on, went out and the middle light was not on, adn the high beam wont switch on.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Question

Im guessing the fuse box in under the right fairing? The black box that has a key hole in it.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:48 PM

No idea on that bike, but it's usually easily accessible, so could be.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:53 PM

Thanks for the help I'm pretty sure that is the fuse box, I can't check it till my wife gets back to watch my son. I'll update as soon as I mess with it.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:56 PM

That box was empty, for storage I guess. I looked under the seat, behind the battery I found a 20 fuse tucked away, put another in. Resnapped the connection I found under there also and blew some dirt out. Nothing. It has to be the switch for the lights or the bulb, that looks to be in perfect condition... I'm pretty sure that 20 fuse was for the headlights.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:41 PM

Ok found the real fuse box under the left fairn. Replaced the REAL 20 fuse for the headlights. Nothing... Took the switch apart and it looked perfect, wires looked fine in there. Only thing left is replacing the bulb, besides spraying WD40 in the switch. Didn't think it needed that...

Quick Reply: Please help headlight problem.