PLEASE HELP! CBR600RR 2004 Electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013 | 11:05 PM
|
Exclamation PLEASE HELP! CBR600RR 2004 Electrical problem

So I rode my bike to the gym, no problems.
I come back to it and turn the key, I notice it was a little strange and the I fired it up. The display was blinking rapidly, all the lights. The tachometer was going from 0-max over and over again, like it does when you first turn the key. I naturally shut the bike off, and when I turned the key back into the on position nothing. I tried to start it and no dice, almost as if the battery was dead. So i called my buddy to bring some tools and took the seat off and jump started it. It started and when I put it into gear it started doing the glitchy display blinking thing again. I ignored it and rode it home. I hooked up a battery charger to it and let it sit for awhile. For whatever reason when the battery charger was hooked up, with the key in the on position nothing would happen

This is when things got stupid. I would honk my horn and all of a sudden my display would light up... I was dumfounded. The bike started but continued to do the blinking light thing. I also noticed it would stop rapidly blinking when I engaged my headlights... but when I did this nothing would light up on my display. I am so confused and dont even know where to begin looking. I have my bike taken apart in the garage and traced back any wiring that I had done, nothing seems out of place. And if it was something like loose wiring what would explain his starting to happen randomly after running fine?

I live in Canada and the weather is crazy. I had my bike out riding , in +6 or so, and the next day it snowed about an inch. My bike was sitting outside for the most part and I brought it back inside a bit later. I also don't think this was a factor because m bike was stored outside all winter, but without a battery of coarse.

I am in desperate need of assistance, and help would be appreciated.. Thanks so much.