Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help

Hello, I have an 03 600rr and the problem I am having is that once I rev it up it starts to "bog down" like it was out of fuel and "jerk" struggling for power, the tac drops all the way down and only returns to idle once i let off the accelerator. I have removed the tank only to find that its rusted inside and the fuel pump is encased in rust. I ordered a new pump and am having the tank cleaned. Does this sound like a solution to the problem? I hope so..
Thank you ~ Ryan

Old 05-07-2009, 09:05 PM

well if your fuel pump is rusted to your tank, it is most likely getting clogged up, acting like it is running out of fuel. Whether it ends up the problem, good to get replaced.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:55 PM

while your doing all that check the airfilter also

Old 05-10-2009, 07:22 AM

I agree with the other two guys, although ide also do the regular maintenance like spark plugs, plug wires, air filter, oil, etc.... Ide almost guarantee you found the problem though. Good luck

Old 05-13-2009, 12:26 AM

I agree with those guys, I would get a major maintenance on the bike.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:47 PM

Sounds like you got water in the tank to begin with. Be sure to fill the tank full to the very top with gas and throw in some Stable, while storing it over long periods of time. Following your maintenance is great routine, you can find owner manuals online free to download if your bike didnt come with one, but you might be best off getting the actual service manual since it also shows maintenance intervals and other helpful details about your bike.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:56 PM

All that stuff is well and good but if the bike is boging down, can you rev it high in neutral with out having an issue? Check the kick stand saftey I had a simmiler problem. the bike rode great but at 6k it lost power, i riped threw everything and finnaly just happened to play around with the wires on the kickstand relay and it ran great replaced it and havent had that problem since.