Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

When going straight on my bike (600RR) the handle bars point slightly to the right. It's nota lot, but it's noticable. what could be the problem? Any help is grately appreciated.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Please help

Has the bike been down? If so, the forks could be slightly twisted in the clamps. You can try to loosen all the clamp bolts while leaving one on each side a little snug, then hold the wheel between you legs and grab the bars and try to straighten them. Many times they will come close to going straigh by themselves when you loosen everything up.

If they still will not gostraight, you may have a bent fork leg or lower triple clamp.

Once again, has the bike been down?

Old 04-08-2007, 04:12 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought mine was pulling to the right as well. Had the dealer check it out. The guy test-rode my bike (longest 15 minutes of my life) and when he came back, he said it was as straight as can be. He said that we can "unknowingly" sit off to one side of the bike and not know it, making it seem like the bike is pulling to one side or the other.

He told me to sit as "in the middle" as I could, get to about 30-40 mph, and let go of the handle bars and lean back. He was right. The bike went perfectly straight, no pull.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I bought my bike, I picked it up from the dealer that did the repairs. (Prior owner had wrecked it and insurance paid to replace everything) The front end was so far out of whack it was not even funny, but it tracked straight as an arrow, even though the bars were very obviously canted to the right badly. Turned out that the lower tripple clamp was bent and I made the dealer replace it since they missed it in the repairs.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:23 PM

dude...goto a shop and get it computrack...that is dangerous...

Old 04-09-2007, 11:48 AM

Yea it fell onto the left side. I straightened it a bit. I need to do it a bit more.