Picked up my 07 RR today... few pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my 07 RR today... few pics

Figured I would start my own thread
Picked it up this afternoon. Couldn't man up and ride it home just decided to throw it on the trailer. I did take for a ride around the guys neighborhood.. Don't believe I made it out of 3rd. Wore his leather jacket but I didn't have on gloves, BURRRRR.
Anyways, 07 with 2843 miles, got extended factory warranty till '11, flush mount blinkers, frame sliders (not sure of the brand, but he did have to cut to install them), and fender eliminator, again... not sure of the brand but it was installed at the dealer. I'm not crazy about the l.e.d. taillight just b/c I'm afraid its not "noticable" enough. But we'll see. Stock exhaust, which I'll probably leave. It's plenty loud for me, i'm not trying to scare the neighbors lol. For being 6'4 I fit on the bike pretty well. That was my biggest concern. Was a LITTLE uncomfortable riding it today but I was a bit nervous since I havn't been on a sportbike in a few years, and this guy was watching me lol. AND it was freezing of course. Can't wait to get out and play with it and get some miles under me. It's on the trailer right now and its killing me!!! [:@]
Anywho, I'll add more pics when I get it off and the weather gets better.
mike

Old 12-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Picked up my 07 RR today... few pics

Secksi bike, congrats!

Old 12-21-2008, 05:01 PM

Thanks. I didn't think it'd be this much torture to watch it sit out there in the cold lol... but it's tearing me up.
Oh well, soon enough... soon enough.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:10 PM

nice!!!!!!.... i'm getting metallic blue and silver 07 600rr cuz that's the only color left in the dealership... but if i had my pick>> it would be the white and silver you got!!! frickin awesomeeee!..

Old 12-21-2008, 09:06 PM

Love to see another '07 on the board!! Great color choice.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:17 PM

My only complaint so far is the taillight. When the guy told me it was integrated I guess I just wasn't expecting an l.e.d. But this thing is not bright at ALL. Unloaded it in my buddies garage a lil while ago and even in his garage, the blinkers are pretty much useless, and the brake light is barely brighter than the taillight. Don't get me wrong I dig the look its way cleaner than stock, but I would kind of like for people to know I'm about to slow down lol.
Might be something I look into upgrading... any suggestions?
mp

Old 12-21-2008, 09:18 PM

And a shop in town had the ICON helmet I ordered (as shown above) and man that thing is sweet in person. Tried on the XL they had in stock, that's probably what I should've gotten but maybe I can just change the pads out to a XL instead of L. Now i'm in the market for a jacket
Oh and a black windscreen is definitely on my wish list

Old 12-21-2008, 09:29 PM

Hey there ya got your own thread bro Bike looks great, ill have same "trailer" pics in Jan lol. Your lucky you got the ext warr good call there! RE lights, hmmm normally LED are way brighter than stock set up. I dont have the intergrated tail, but rather flush mounts on each side, see my post for link to comp werkes site. Ill be getting flush mounts up front, but im not sure if i want what you have (what most have, what i have on my F4i) think id prefer short stalks, clear and blink amber etc.Better visually to other drivers. Anyways i have NO PITTY for you LOL im in Canada, its a mess outside now, 20cm today [sm=boosign.gif]Oh what can i do its CANADA The wait for spirng is gonna kill me[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 12-21-2008, 09:36 PM

haha... true it must suck up there. I planned on taking it for another quick spin before locking it up in my buddies garage but it was already down in the low 20's by the time I got to his house with strong gusty winds. I said screw that, backed it off and got in that garage QUICK lol. My taillight does have amber turns built in, they are just so small they're impossible to see, and like I said the brake light was very disappointing. I've delt with alot of custom l.e.d's on mini trucks and cars, and yes they are usually brighter than stock - but this things pathetic lol. I'll try to get some pics to show what i'm talking about next time I go to his house. It's gonna be in the 60's here wed-Saturday BUT they're calling for rain. I may sneak up there and play a bit if the rain holds off!
Overall though I am happy. Great bike. I'll check ur post for that link. Thanks

Old 12-21-2008, 09:42 PM

nice bike man. have fun with it and be careful

Quick Reply: Picked up my 07 RR today... few pics