Passenger

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger

That thread in the 'off topic' section about having passengers on your bike brought up some questions for myself. As a high schooler, whenever i ride to school, i invariably get asked for rides by girls (and guys too, which is a little creepy). It even happened back when i was riding my katana, cuz lets face it, most people couldnt tell the difference between a kan-o-tuna and an RC211V. In the past ive always said no, but i think i'm getting to the point where i might be able to say yes. i mean, i have an extra helmet and jacket, so thats not a problem. really, the only thing holding me back is inexperience. i've never ridden with a passenger before and am very scared to try. so are there any tips you guys have for me so i dont embarass myself with some hottie on the back of my bike?

is there any way to get more accustomed to the feeling of having weight on the back without having an actual person? ride with a really, really heavy backpack maybe? lol

Old 04-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Default RE: Passenger

start with someone light and ride slow to get the feel of it. be sure to tell she/he to lean with you and not against you. lots of new passengers will counter lean cuz they think they're going to fall over. you'll get the hang of it in no time.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:57 PM

That's one of the best questions I've read on here. I've been wondering the same thing myself, having never had any passengers, and I probably won't ever since it's not what I bought a bike for, but you never know.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:58 PM

I just got back from giving this girl a ride for the first time (me and her). I just told her to lean with me and to hold on tight. Other than that its very simple. And fun. Riding around with a hottie is nice. So just relax. its just like normal riding except depending on the size of the person braking and accelerating will be different. And dont give a ride to a guy. That just looks gay. Only Fine ladies. Good luck

J

Old 04-04-2006, 12:23 AM

lol dont worry, i dont plan on ever giving a ride to a dude.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:25 AM

Hey bro whats up? yeah i was always scared to but in a purly hetro way i took one of my buddies just to get a feel for a passengers weight. its not as bad as you think plus the chicks dig it just take everything a little more sereously. the way i look at it is when im by my self i only have to worry about my life but don't forget your the only one responsable for your passenger. When i give a girl a ride i tell her just to hold on and let me do the work well i guess that works for a few things ha. either way take it easy. later

Old 04-04-2006, 12:27 AM

The ride i gave my buddy was only in my neighborhood just figurer i would clear that up. lol

Old 04-04-2006, 12:35 AM

Aight. But i still wouldnt ever do it. But thats just me. I just waited to take a girl. Plus i promised this girl the first ride. So i didnt have a chance to practice with anyone else. But it doesnt really make a difference having someone on the back.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:43 AM

yes someone on the back definatley changes the way the bike handles, can't ride like you normally do

Old 04-04-2006, 02:27 AM

Just take your time and make sure they follow your body movements to a "T"and explain what she should expect before she gets on. It is a little awkward at first but you will get the hang of it. Just be carefull cause you are responsible for the hottie on the back. I actually used to ride with this one girl so often that we were able to have a lot of fun.

Quick Reply: Passenger