Passed permit and had a sick first ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passed permit and had a sick first ride

YESSS i passed my tst for my permit. i missed 2 you can miss 4 out of 25. and it was my 3ed try. i got home got my hemit and got on. i turned it on put in in first Then it stalled... lol my firend (who dose not have a bike or know how to ride) tolded me how to start and it was like u said put it in first and have engine around 4k and slowloy let clotch go. man it felt like i was going 60 mph but i was going 15. my first ride was about 100 feet and i had to stop becouse i was geting a cramp on my leg. riding was pritty easy it was stoping and keeping the bike on that was the hardist. i was at a stop and it talled on my 3 times... it was gay but ok becouse no cars. and another thing i was only costing to a stop and useing my front brake only becouse i was busy tring to use turn signales and the clutch. but when i start getting better i will use both.next time i ride i will ware my gear. i did not ware it this time only couse i was tring to get to know the bike and fine everything put.

i need help with something. i started it warmed it up to 120 degrees(2 min) and then i was riding at 220 going no more that 25 mph and it smelled like a litter oil buring. now the nike is new its a 2006 cbr 600 rr with 1.3 miles on it now it has 4. it is a normal smell i was going 25 around 5-6k in first. i like on small streets so thats y 25 in first. and i dont know wut to do.

last thing i am tired now it is tiring to ride like that so i am going to bed, i have to work at 7 and its 1:30 now. dont worry i am not riding it to work. i will countine rinding in small streets and i am going to a parking lot soon to ride. i wont ride it to work or anywher for a wile at list 2 weeks.

edit; another ting does the bike tell u wut gear ur in or do u have to count.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Default RE: Passed permit and had a sick first ride

congrats on the permit and the new bike.

now, first thing....park the new bike. go beg, borrow, or steal someone else's well used and abused bike.
You are going to drop that bike. let me repeat- you will drop the bike.
I dont want to sound all doom and gloom, but its a learning experience, you
are going to make some mistakes, thats why its called learning. even the smallest mistake and that bike is
tipping over.....hate for you to rash up a new bike in a parking lot.

also, I would guess those smells are normal for a new engine with only 4 miles on it. burining off
all the residual glue and oil. dont worry about it.--just stay off the streest for a while.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

007, good for you!!!!!!!! It's so fun. Find a "knows how to ride" buddy, to help you learn. Please wear your gear... especialy early on. I always recomend a course on motorcycle riding... money well spent. Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 09-25-2006, 06:39 PM

i dont know anybody with a bike. o thes guy at work but he is old and has a chopper and its 30k. and none of u leard on ur own?

Old 09-25-2006, 07:09 PM

yikes!! are you gonna take a "motorcycle safety course"??

+1 on the parking lot idea

Old 09-25-2006, 07:24 PM

yes as soon as i get the $$$ and get good enoght to get ther. i dont drive a car or have one.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:35 PM

It sounds like your only option for learning is from your new 600 right now. A lot of guys are gonna get on your case sayin that the 600rr is not a beginners bike and go get something else. My 600rr was my "first" bike. I rode a 1979 Suzuki GS750 for about a month and passed my road test on it. Jumpin from that to a 600rr were worlds apart so i really dont even consider that my first bike. I learned on my 600 by just taking my time and riding within my limits. The key is to not pay attention to your friends at all for anything. By the sounds of them they are going to be the guys that have watch "torque" or "biker boyz" and they are gonna end up tryin to get you to do wheelies and stuff. My advice is just to cruise around town cause you wont be over 45 mph typically and to stay off the highway until you are ready. Good luck with the bike though.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:20 PM

Buy some books and read through them for sure. You need to understand what the bikes wants to do and how to do it. I'd suggest:

Keith Code's "A Twist of the Wrist" vol. 1 and 2 (2 is better for the beginner, 1 is more race oriented)
or "Total Control" can't remember the author.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:56 PM

LEARN to stop has to be the most important thing 4 you right now any body can sit on a moving bike stopping is were it gets tricky once you learn to stop everything eles will come with time.to get the bike to not stall at first is start by slowly let clutch out (you can get bike to start to roll)then give some throttle just a little once rolling stop and do again and again . once you can go work on stopping at faster speeds once you can start and stop kinda smooth start on turning (probally hold off on uturns for a little while)+1 on u most likly to drop it once!! I did and learned a lesson (if you grab the brake hard make sure to have wheel strait--i was tuning on a road just started to roll when a car popped up around the bend i --oh $h!tted--and grabbed brake hard pushing the front down and when it came back all weight was on one side and i wasn`t prepared and as if in slow motion it fell over , i kept my leg under it to save fairing but not my pride when a car had to pull over to get bike off of me---anyways when you hit the road go out of your way to hit stop sighn,lights ,what ever to keep you safe 4 awhile--also when u can ride pretty confadent leard 2 burp your throttle when down shifting it will save ur nuts----------------------oh yea the bike does not tell what gear ur in you will just get used 2 it the only one is first it will pop a little louder and feel different when down shifting but at first take most of your turns in 2nd its a little less jumpy should you over throttle-don`t worry what others say you made a wise choice and will have a blast with this bike just don`t try to push it tell your ready

Old 09-25-2006, 10:59 PM

wow...u must feel pretty goodd...congrats..i have to wait another year to get mine...have fun !!!!

Quick Reply: Passed permit and had a sick first ride