The Only Fender Eliminator Kit Thats Worth A Crap

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Only Fender Eliminator Kit Thats Worth A Crap

why hasn't anyone come up with a fender eliminator similar/like(dare I say) the GSXR tail for the CBR??
Then all you'd need is a tight little plate holder beneath the pipe either at the tail end or recessed.
I'd make one myself but I'm not good with plastics and electronics.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

ORIGINAL: chris99

I just bought this one from 1tail.com
should get it by tuesday. let you know how it looks when i get it on. imo i think it looks cleaner and there is better visibility than right above the exaust.
The only problem is people driving cars who know nothing about bikes don't look for tail lights tucked underneath the exhaust so far. (I know I wouldn't.........and I personally think this kit is unsafe) Not to mention it's illegal and you might run into problems with police officers.

Not to bust your bubble or anything, but I don't think hiding the brake light under the exhaust so far back is a particularly smart idea by the people who made this. But who knows, it might look better in person than in the pictures.

Hmmm, Gotta go with Blue on this one..... also the plate is tucked up on way to much of an angle. I wouldn't make it a block down town with out being pulled over. I will say the brake / signal light would be a good "add on" to increase visability. I still gotta go with my Comp Werkes

Old 10-19-2007, 03:09 PM

so what about this fender eliminator? its higher up and not tucked away underneath the wheel and look much more visable the the other led strip that was posted.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:32 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ I like that one MUCH more than the other one. Still have to see it in person to see how bright that light really is though.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:57 PM

frizzle were did you get that one , can you post a link please

Old 10-21-2007, 10:42 AM

The one Frizzle posted is really nice, but I just hate how it looks from the side...too much plastic! Looks cheap. The reason the factory rear fender looks the way it does is for mainly two reasons: safety/visibility and cost-effectiveness.

So, with that in mind, I'm going to be looking for one that's great looking and still provides me with a safe feeling knowing the visibility of my brake light/trun signals are in plain view.I think that one from 1tail.com looks good, but like Blue said, there's a HUGE safety issue there. I don't think anybody in a truck would even see the brake light if he's close enough....you're just asking for trouble with that one. The one from Rizoma deff looks great, especially if you can envision it modded for our much smaller plates. No visibility issues and, I'm sure everybody would agree it looksOE. Expensive, maybe, but of even the other cool ones posted, I think it looks the best and also, you can't put a price on safety knowing that these are clearly the most visible light sets.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

^^ I like that one MUCH more than the other one. Still have to see it in person to see how bright that light really is though.
+1

Old 10-21-2007, 04:43 PM

Hardbody's the website where i found that fender elminator was on http://www.1tail.com

I also agree with WoodyRR the fender elminator kit i posted looks great from the rear, but the side has way too much plastic. I am curious to see if i can or some one else could make a much more 'cooler' mounting bracket made of metal or cf to replace the huge plastics provided with the kit.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:05 PM

whats up you guys..sorry i have not posted the picture of the new fender kit..my digital cam is on the fritz..but i see the debate is still on..here is a list of all the fender kits i found on ebay..------>

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-62...der+eliminator

Old 10-21-2007, 09:12 PM

I just saw this tonight while searching around for fender elminators. These guys are using after market 06 rear lights.

IMO the best option yet

Quick Reply: The Only Fender Eliminator Kit Thats Worth A Crap