Default RE: Okay, how F***ed am I

^^ even worse...wen we break it too...haha
which rarely happens..but jus 4 ***** n gigglez

Old 09-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quick update...

Called a few locksmiths...

One started talking about taking the lock cylinder out (i dont think that necessary). He also doesn't guarantee that'll it'll come out - $75.00

The other one specializes with motorcycles and scooters. Just by talking to him on the phone he seems kinda difficult to deal with - $150.00 (didn't say anything about guaranteeing the work but seemed confident)

Anyone know of any places in Maryland...(preferably the Baltimore/Pikesville/Reisterstown area)???

Old 09-11-2008, 08:36 AM

I got a quick question for you guys as well. If i call up Honda, give them my VIN # plus any other info would they be able to supply me with a new key for my bike????

Old 09-11-2008, 03:30 PM

^^ yea they should be able to...

wen u bought ur bike there shud have been a little plate attached to one of your keys.
on that plate, it has your specific key code that they would need to go ahead a cut a new one for u...
HOPEFULLY....u HAVE it??

Old 09-12-2008, 07:52 AM

nope, the original owner lost the key...He told me he had a locksmith come in and make him one (which he said took forever). So if I dont have this code they won't make a key...I think they still maybe able to...HOPEFULLY

Old 10-01-2008, 08:12 AM

Update:

Well, I got the key out!!!!!!!

There was no way that a toothpick/paperclip/lock picking tools(that I bought) or tweezers could have gotten that piece out. Not that it was too small or anything, there was just no way near enough space to maneuver.

So I took the ignition apart. Very easy task once you get past the damn locktyte on the two bolts holding it in place...let me tell you how much of a PITA that was.

With the ignition apart and the actual locking mechanism in my hand my lock picking tools still couldn't get the job done (maybe i lack skill in this department)

Took the thing to a locksmith...FIVE minutes and FIVE dollars later I was on my way home with a new key in on hand and my lock in the other!!!! Mind you that I called EVERYWHERE in the Towson/Baltimore/Reisterstown area...there are NO brick and mortar locksmiths...like NONE everyone is MOBILE which is lame cause they were trying to charge me from 75-150+ for a five minute job.

If you have lock issues like myself and live in either one of those three areas, check out Easters Lock N Key on Loch Raven Boulevard...great place

Old 10-13-2008, 07:55 PM

I was gonna suggest tipping the bike upside down and shaking...guess i'm too late

Old 10-14-2008, 02:56 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ ROTFLMAO! Mental pictures are the greatest!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: gtwags

I was gonna suggest tipping the bike upside down and shaking...guess i'm too late
BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I like this guy...why doesn't he post more?

Old 10-16-2008, 01:10 AM

I called 3 honda dealers when I lost my key for my 06. I had that little tag with the numbers on it and they all told me that was nice and all but I needed to buy a whole new ignition/key set. I thought, "wtf is this tag for?!" oh well, I found my spare key and still haven't made copies of it... I suppose I should??