OK, here it comes... my first "accident" ever!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, here it comes... my first "accident" ever!

First I would say that no damage has my bike suffered (thank God!). Just one hour ago, I was overtaking a taxi from its right side, moving at 15kph (not mph), and suddenly, well, guess what?... yes you're right. Ms.lady passenger wants to come out. She opened the door at the most crucial moment. Time was so short that I hit the brakes at the time the back of my left mirror slightly hit the edge of the door. I believe the rest of the bike was farely far enough to continue without hitting anything else, except my leg, which is why I had to let the bike down, while I was then at about 4kpm. A tiny little wound on my mid finger I think I got from the door, somehow. Luckliy I had the rear foot pigs down, so bike rested on the steering handle and the foot pig. So the steering pig got scratched, and the police blamed me for over-taking on the far right, and fined the taxi guy for letting off passengers in the street and not parking on the side. So their report was something like this, if I remember correctly: "my fault, his fault, the old fat lady's fault."
I could now be feeling something like this: [:@][&:][>:][][:-][&o] really mixed up!

Old 03-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Default RE: OK, here it comes... my first "accident" ever!

WOW. Thats messed up. Glad you didnt get hurt worse.

Old 03-15-2006, 02:36 PM

well glad to hear it wasn't worse... like you running dead straight into the door when it swung open!

Old 03-15-2006, 02:42 PM

i dont believe you can be passing on the shoulder ever. but riding inbetween cars is legal but "not safe" according to the California Motorcycle Handbook

Old 03-15-2006, 04:40 PM

Dude you have to be super careful right now. You JUST started riding, hell like a month ago you thought you had to use the rear brake for most of your stopping power. You really need to take your time and pay special attention to everything. I dont want to sound like your dad but this is a time for learning not passing taxis on the right hand side. Please Please be careful or you may not get off so easy next time.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:58 PM

glad you and the ride and OK

Old 03-15-2006, 05:01 PM

Glad your not hurt and not to sound like an old fuddy duddy, but you need to pay special attention because very few people are looking out for us.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:41 AM

ORIGINAL: capt1014

Glad your not hurt and not to sound like an old fuddy duddy, but you need to pay special attention because very few people are looking out for us.
the soap box lecture didn't make you sound old.....but "fuddy duddy"

what the?!?!?! how old are you anyway??? we should start a poll guessing your age: I'm gonna lead off with like, 93

(just messin -- haven't thrown any crap at ya yet capt, later bro)

Old 03-16-2006, 04:31 AM

He's in another country...Do you ride on the left side of the road where you live...passing on the right might be like passing on the left for those of us in the States.

I'm glad you didn't get hurt...that's a crazy unpredictable situation...

Old 03-16-2006, 12:25 PM

Glad your ok.. I always try to ride like i'm invisible..but soemtimes things are out of our hands.. An soem times i ride lik e i'm invincible! (bad Nick) ...lol

Quick Reply: OK, here it comes... my first "accident" ever!