Off the Show Room Floor

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off the Show Room Floor

Is it okay to get a bike with exhaust, power commander and intake added straight from the show room floor?

Or should it be driven stock untill the motor is broken in?

Old 07-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Default RE: Off the Show Room Floor

Well i know the break in schedule for any vehicle is suppossed to make sure that all the internal seals are set well before hot rodding it. Even though the vehicle might be able to withstand wide open operation it still seems safer to go ahead and let those seals set up instead of having premature wear.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:11 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: f3racer

he told us that each kawi that comes off the line gets the throttle wacked wide open for 2 minutes solid pinging off the limiter. to make sure the motor is torqued to spec. if that is true then why even have a break in schedule.
There is a HUGE difference between bouncing the engine off it's rev limiter when it's in neutral, and actually putting a full-throttle load onto the engine while riding. The point of break-in is not to put too much load on the engine for the first 600 miles to make sure seals and rings setup properly.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:52 AM

once again we are going into the whole break in issue

first of all
no aftermarket parts will not affect break in unless you are actually opening up the crank case
break in affects the cylinder wear exhausts and powercommander dont

unless you set your PC to run ungodly lean and burn the engine up you will be fine

and secondly what break in schedule are you referring to

does anyone ever even read their manuals anymore

the only break in schedule for new hondas is to avoid hard starts or rapid acceleration for the first 300 miles.

per the tech at the dealership gradually run the bike to just before redline and let it engine brake back down to just before it lugs then shift and do it again until you run out of road.

or put it on a dyno and have them run it up and down the gears

when the bike stops smoking, the rings are set

there are no RPM limits and 300 miles is the only mileage limit set into writing with a very vague limitation placed on how to ride during that time

Old 07-27-2007, 06:01 AM

answer the guys question and stopped worrying about if they had read their manual. I get tired of hearing the same thing everytime you post. if he didn't need our help then he probably wouldn't of posted this topic.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: ky_wildcat

answer the guys question and stopped worrying about if they had read their manual. I get tired of hearing the same thing everytime you post. if he didn't need our help then he probably wouldn't of posted this topic.
first off sense your post has no relevant bearing onto this thread i am going to have to say you can go **** yourself

however

and i get tired of seeing the same question over and over again so i guess we are at a standstill

this exact question has been posted time and time again with the exact same answers

use the search button

Quick Reply: Off the Show Room Floor