Octane discreptancy, a must read.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Octane discreptancy, a must read.

how sad...so called experience riders not knowing anything about engine performance and gasoline...don't ride with them anymore!

OK MON? hahhahah

Old 10-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you're saying the lower the octane rating on gasoline, the lower quality it is? God you're an idiot.

look, learn something here. these bikes do NOT require high octane fuel for normal riding. some of you retards ride like you're the basterdized brother of Rossi or Hayden on the streets. you think that's pushing hard? Hard enough for a high octane fuel? HAVE YOU ONCE BEEN ON A TRACK?! A track is 10 times harder on the engine. race fuel might be high octane, but it's also leaded and developed for power and repeatable performance. straight up 93 Octane pump gas is NOT.

drop it. your wrong. realize it. learn from it. pay it forward.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:54 PM

pay it forward, i like that. broke down with my dads harley 2 days ago and guy picked me and the bike up and said "pay it forward", never heard it before that.

sorry off topic, not sure bout the sticker on my bike havent looked for it. just put what you want in. your bike, your money, do what you will.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:58 PM

No I'm not trying to get more horsepower by using a higher octane gas. Its not going to happen, duh!! You guys don't really understand the question/concern here. Higher octane gas does burn cleaner though, and the ultra 94 from Sunoco does have additives to run cleaner. Not that anybody cares. I'm just trying to make the point that nobody is shifting 6miles/hour in every gear. Do you shift like a granny? Maybe since you don't respond to the thread, and you make dumb *** remarks, avoiding the question. Maybe you do. Well if you shift like that, then why don't you switch to 50 octane, don't worry, you will never ping the way that you ride. If anyone intelligent out there that has fully read my main post, please respond to it, I'd like to hear from you. Take care.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: HondaCBR600RRhunk

Higher octane gas does burn cleaner though
No, it doesn't. In fact, since it's harder to burn completely, a lot of unburned gasoline goes right out the tail pipe.

the ultra 94 from Sunoco does have additives to run cleaner.
A clean burn is one that results in CO2 and H2O. all the additives they are putting in fuel are no longer making this happen.

I'm just trying to make the point that nobody is shifting 6miles/hour in every gear.
Ok, fine. majority don't do this. point taken. so what?

Do you shift like a granny?
on the street when i commute, the bike sees 4th gear @ 30 mph. that's about 7 mph/gear if i shift evenly (which i don't).

Well if you shift like that, then why don't you switch to 50 octane...
[sm=headbang.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif] If one of your co-workers sees this, i have a message for that person: Punch this guy in the head for me.

If anyone intelligent out there that has fully read my main post, please respond to it, I'd like to hear from you.
You have. countless times. you're fishing for an answer you want to hear. you've been given correct information time and time again. If you're not going to belive us, then go read the Wikis on fuel octane.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:19 PM

delete

Old 10-10-2006, 02:20 PM

delete

Old 10-10-2006, 02:27 PM

Everything that I stated I received from people like you that claim to know everything. So don't shoot the messenger here. As you can see I am a new member. I am just trying to verify info that all the experienced bad asses are telling me, thats all. Get off your high horse, for a change. The point that I was making is that the manual says a lot of stuff. So if you take in all that info as being true, like its a bible, than fine by me. Put in your 87 octane and shift 6m/hr go by the book, and don't look back. If you race hard like the folks that I know, they don't shift like that often, and they feel a higher octane is in order, just in case if there will ever be an issue about pinging or knocking, or going into a lean condition without notice. Thats all that I was trying to say. Don't bring in more horsepower, or some other kind of crap into this thread, its not about it. As far as Sunoco 94 burning cleaner, that was advertised right on the ad when you pull up to the station. Why don't you read it next time. You can read right? I'm starting to wonder about some folks on here. The last post was somewhat intelligent, lets keep up the good work.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: HondaCBR600RRhunk

Actually under the seat it just says 91. There is no RON, MON, or PON anywhere near this number. So I figured it was 91 octane, so sue me.
Its not the best quality as its only from a camera phone but here's a pic of the sticker....it clearly shows 91 RON

[IMG]local://upfiles/1658/C12854B459AE4301B0A3ADF585633ADA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-10-2006, 02:51 PM

anyway, to sort of get this back on topic....there is no octane discrepancy between the manual and the sticker under the seat. 86 MON (manual) is the same as 91 RON (sticker under the seat).

Quick Reply: Octane discreptancy, a must read.