Not my best ride home

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not my best ride home

So last night on my way home from work. i ran over a christmas tree that was laying across the middle of the road. i was on the left side of the lane and there was to many cars coming the other way for me to try to swerve to the left around it and not much of a shoulder on the right to use. i couldnt stop in time so i squared up and hoped to just go through the tree. as i hit it the front end tucked in to the right and i went over the front. the bike hit the left first and then fliped hard onto the right where it slid probably 50 yards before it stoped. i walked away banged up as hell but i walked away. the only part of me that doesnt hurt is my head (thank you Arai). im very dissapointed with my joe rocket gloves because my nike backpack held up better then they did. i think/hope that the bike will be totaled so that inscurance will just write me a fat check instead of half *** fixing it. ill see how it goes and keep you guys posted to what happens

Old 01-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Default RE: Not my best ride home

that sux glad your ok though! we all have our near death stories mine involves a ford ranger with a 6 ft high stack of bed mattresses!lol at least i had something soft 2 land on

Old 01-04-2006, 10:26 PM

sorry to hear about that. glad you were able to walk away though. what kind of joe rocket gloves were you using and what exactly happened to them?

Old 01-04-2006, 11:48 PM

wow! good luck with the insurance company.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:23 AM

Glad you walked away. I've heard that gloves with lots of stitches in them tear up pretty easily in a crash. Every pair of Joe Rocket's I've seen certainly has a lot of stitching. I crashed once with Joe Rocket gloves... the seams on one palm started to separate, but no road rash. I have still purchased Joe Rocket gloves since though... thought about purchasing a pair of gloves from Lee Parks - real soft, very few seams - but he didn't respond to my emails.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:38 AM

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything comes out OK...

Old 01-05-2006, 10:40 AM

Unlucky on the fall, I hope your not to badly hurt and heal well. If you don`t mind me asking how come you didn`t see the tree?

Old 01-08-2006, 01:50 AM

Sorry to hear that man....sadly i know just how you feel just got off crutches my self from eating it two weeks ago! I was wearing MX Fox gloves(idiot) yet they held up and i didn't get a scratch on my hands just on both wrists where the gloves ended. But i probably wasn't going as fast as you were i was only doing about 20, What was your ball park speed? Anyways good to hear you walked away sorry about the bike and have a speedy recovery (you and your bike)

Old 01-08-2006, 04:23 AM
Retired Administrator

Nice to hear you walked away and good luck with the insurance company.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:31 AM

Sorry to hear about this. As mentioned, it is good you could walk away.

Quick Reply: Not my best ride home