New RR owner, long time CBRF poster

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New RR owner, long time CBRF poster

Hey all - just brought a track only RR. Last year I started tracking the F4 a lot, and this year I wanted to have a street bike and a track bike. I lucked into one hell of a deal one one hell of a bike for a track friend.

Here is the previous owner on it;

and it crambed into my shed - new shed being built soon as possible:

It's fully fully done - and I can hardly wait to be stepping up from my F4 which was street + some mods, to only track and every mod.

Kept the F4... so it's a 1200cc 8*10 shed

Old 03-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!! You win the most goodies per square foot award.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:39 PM

Hee hee - new shed is on my drafting table... I just spent an hour moving stuff about so I could sit on the bike, and more importantly connect the battery tender.

It'd be a nice day for a rip around the block...

Old 03-28-2010, 07:23 AM

I did another tidy up - moved a lot of stuff to the house... and now I've got room enough to move the bikes safely. What to do for another month waiting? Order parts!

Check out my new tire rack

Old 03-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey woot! Great to hear. I just did the same thing myself! Finally retired the ol' F3 in favor of an '07 RR. I'm sure we'll be running into each other a lot in this section now.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Default New photos!

Went to the track and had a great time!

The first couple of sessions I was using my old slow shift points. Just trying to get used to it.

On lap 2. coming into corner 7 I knew Charlie wanted by but I botched a downshift and things got a little hairy. He had to wait while I pulled the bike back onto line and straightened it out. I then botched corner 9 when I upshifted instead of downshifted. After that I really focused on this who GP shift thing.

The next couple of sessions I started getting a few more shifts in. Basically anywhere I was getting a strong wheelie I'd shift around the shift points to get a bit better charge over them. Finally got a bit of a wheelie over 5 -- while exciting I shifted my line to get the power on a bit earlier and grabbed two gears on the way down the hill onto the back straight. Now my entrance speed into 7 was getting better - actually needing to use some brakes there.

Corner 9 was a big work in progress -- I'm out of shape and 9 is a long wide corner. Entry speed should be held up, but it's the combination of hard braking, gp downshifting, and getting my body over fully and rolling on through the corner. I need to carry a lot more speed there - which means doing all of the above more quickly -- with a little less brake.

The thing with this bike is that all the corners come faster - so over braking is happening right now. The brakes are fantastic and the suspension is unflappable. Get in a little deep and it bails you out. Have to try to work with the bike more

The last two sessions I felt like I was getting the pace up there... Some guys ran 1:12s and I didn't feel that much slower. I'd say I knocked 2 seconds off a lap easily... starting from 1:21 on the old bike. More saddle time and I can see 1:17 being quite possible which gets me closer and closer to am600 times.

No pictures of the tires - but I assure you that they're shot. Also race gas smells delicious

Lots of photos taken by a friend of mine -- here's a sample of corner 11: