New rider, what do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rider, what do i need?

Im about to get my first sport bike and since i love Honda's i figure i'll start of with a 600RR. What are a few suggestions on things i should get? Im already planning to get a helmet, jacket, gloves, frame sliders, and steering damper. Anything else?

Old 08-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Default RE: New rider, what do i need?

id also get a good set of boots to protect your ankels in the event of a crash. also for jacket go with leather if you can it may be hot but well worth the protection. as for the steering damper you really dont need one if but its your money lol. also take an msf course if you havent already other than that sounds like you got all the basics covered. keep us updated on what you get.

Old 08-20-2006, 04:02 AM

i just got my first bike this week 600rr can some one give me more info on the frame sliders where they go is it easy to install? what is there purpose? and also what are good brands too look at thanks? new to the bike world so im tryin to learn as much as i can

Old 08-20-2006, 12:15 PM

the main job of the fram slider is to protect your plastics in a drop. not really a crash. if your going fast and you wipe out nothing is going to save your bike lol. but vortex makes a great fram slider. as for mounting you will have to cut holes into your fairings and they mount onto the engine bolts. do a search and there is a great step by step wright up on here with pics and you will get the idea.

Old 08-20-2006, 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: feedingfrenzy

the main job of the fram slider is to protect your plastics in a drop. not really a crash. if your going fast and you wipe out nothing is going to save your bike lol.
Wrong Dude! The main job of frame sliders is to protect the frame, but they do help reduce cosmetic damage in minor incidents...and you're right that in some crashes, nothing's going to help...

Old 08-20-2006, 01:33 PM

yeah your right i wasnt thinking when i wrote that i had just gotten up

Old 08-21-2006, 01:18 AM

Best thing anyone can get is training. MSF course is a must. Also get some of the best books on riding & study them in detail. Twist of the Wrist series and many others are out there. These bikes are tremendous machines that can give you either thousands of miles of great pleasure or kill you dead in a blink of an eye.

The best investment any rider makes is in good training.

Ride safe & enjoy!

Old 08-21-2006, 02:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Jet Jockey Z06 Vette

The best investment any rider makes is in good training.

Ride safe & enjoy!

Very well said sir...

Hey how many pairs of gear do you guys have?

Does some one have the link to step by step installation of Sliders and Signal and headlights or anything else ????

Thanks!!

Old 08-21-2006, 07:37 AM

i have a couple pairs of gloves 2 helmets and 2 jackets my self. i had 3 helmets but i gave the other one to my girl. as for the sliders go here it explains it all with pics. https://cbrforum.com/m_55748/tm.htm

Old 08-21-2006, 04:12 PM

why would you need more than one?[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Quick Reply: New rider, what do i need?