New & Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Z.G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New & Questions

Hey all,

I just picked up an 08 CBR600RR in what I'd guess is a matte gunmetal of sorts. It had some lame "graffiti" or something decals on the side. They looked factory or at least quite well applied, but I removed them pretty quickly. It also has a pretty ugly red windshield and annoying spike-bolts attaching the windshield that will be taken care of by next week.

Anyways, so I've been searching here and google for the best fender eliminator kit, and I can't seem to find much I like. Most of them seem to just reduce the fender, not eliminate it. I realize there are laws regarding this, but I'd like to find one that tucks it more towards the bike. Any suggestions would be great. Oh and also flush(er) mounted turn signals, and stickier hand grips. All suggestions are appreciate, thanks!

Here's a photo of the bike as it sits. I mean, just look at that fender setup, ridiculous.
Name:  uYWolLE.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  127.1 KB

Old 05-17-2013, 09:18 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Welcome. Nice bike. That is a graffiti limited edition that you just ruined! Just kidding, a lot of people remove the decals. Look at Tripage (tripageled.com) and tst industries (tstindustries.com) for a FE. I don't own one myself but a lot of people seem to like them. Or you can always make one yourself. There are a lot of DIY write ups on the net.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Z.G

Thanks R-dub, I will check those out. And yes, there are people with different tastes I suppose. I absolutely love the color, just not into decals. As you can see I left two on as I didn't have a heat gun handy and they weren't coming off easily. Also, are people doing anything for more comfortable seats? Also still interested in grippier grips, this bike has way more power than my 05 SV650S and I need something better to hold on to!

Old 05-18-2013, 09:13 AM
October 2011 ROTM

As for the seats, really the only options are to go with a Corbin or Saddlemen. Again I don't have either one of these but I would like to. I just have a hard time pulling the trigger on a seat that expensive. These seats are not softer, actually they are rock hard, but it's how they are shaped that makes it more comfortable. Most everyone who has one likes it. I'm rarely on my bike for over a hour so the stock seat is okay for me.

The stock grips work fine for me too so I can't speak from personal experience but a lot of people really like Driven Racing D3 grips. Heard a lot of good things about them.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:56 AM
August 2011 ROTM

I like my rizoma grips.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Z.G

Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like I'll try to figure out a custom FE kit, probably pick up this seat > Sport Style Aftermarket Motorcycle Seats for Sport Bikes
and check out rizoma grips, or any gel-grip add ons.
Where do people get flush mounted front turn signals? Stock ones are far too large.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:04 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Mine is Watsen design. Hotbody also make them. Watsen stop making for our bike at one point, but I think they are back in production.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Watsen did start making flush mounts again for the 600RR. They are pretty expensive but let me tell you they are the absolute best. They are made out of billet aluminum, plug n play, painted to match, super bright, and the relay is already part of the signal so the flash rate won't increase. Downfall is there is a 8 week lead time to get them but if you want the best go watsen. Honda Micro Alloy LED Signals

Old 05-20-2013, 08:04 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I would say it totally worth waiting.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Z.G

Hmm that is quite a wait, does anyone have more photos of them? Up close?

Quick Reply: New & Questions