New guy saying hellooo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy saying hellooo!!!

Hello Everyone!!!

I just recently (07.14.08) became a proud owner of a 2003 Honda CBR600 RR. Its the OEM red/black and has 4120 miles on it. For the price I got it for I just couldn't resist!

The bike has a polished frame (done by the previous owner), and lowered one inch (also previous owner). Very clean and well taken care of. This is my first bike! I've never ridden a bike before yesterday!!! I got to be honest, this isn't a bad bike to learn how to ride on. I love it, I feel as if i get better and better everyday (this being the second day riding it).

Just wanted to say hello to my fellow CBR owners out there. I'll have pictures after i give it a nice wash/wax. I am new to this, so any advice given will be GREATLY appreciated. I don't have a license yet, I'll be taking a riding class first, just to get more knowledge.

Thanks Guys!!

~Kleetz

Old 07-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Default RE: New guy saying hellooo!!!

Congrats.... Remember that throttle control is the quintecential element to your safety and survival.

Additionally, you may want to concider un-lowering it, as lowering a bike throw off its balance and cornering ability.. Ride safe, wear your gear, and have fun.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:14 PM

I am a new rider as well and currently looking for a first bike. I just recently passed the MSF course this past weekend and that would be my biggest suggestion to you, is to take that class. Seeing you are a new rider many people might talk crap to you because you are starting on a CBR600RR but just make sure you know your limits and you don't try to show off on that thing with little experience. Also this is very important wear gear from head to toe! ( Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Pants, and over the ankle boots. ) Welcome to the forum bro! Be safe.

( Take that MSF course )

Old 07-15-2008, 03:23 PM

ORIGINAL: XXVI

I am a new rider as well and currently looking for a first bike. I just recently passed the MSF course this past weekend and that would be my biggest suggestion to you, is to take that class. Seeing you are a new rider many people might talk crap to you because you are starting on a CBR600RR but just make sure you know your limits and you don't try to show off on that thing with little experience. Also this is very important wear gear from head to toe! ( Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Pants, and over the ankle boots. ) Welcome to the forum bro! Be safe.

( Take that MSF course )
I'm definitely taking that course (already signed up). My class starts on the 28th of this month. I wouldn't ride with out full gear. EVER!!! I'm trying to live!!!

Thanks for the advice.

Also, "be vertical" wouldn't the lowering help a new rider out? Seeing that it would be harder to pop the front wheel incase too much gas was given??? Maybe?? Personally, since im so new at all this I haven't noticed any balance issues (besides a few wobbles due to me being so new). Plus I love the stance with the bike lowered!

Old 07-15-2008, 03:26 PM

Good stuff, Good Luck on that course It is lots of fun!

Old 07-16-2008, 03:53 AM

lowering a bike messes up the steering geometry from the factory. It wont corner as well as a stock setup...however just putting around youre not going to notice much difference.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:52 AM

Hey man, sounds like you were able to pick up a good deal. Have fun with it and ride safe. Make sure you wear your gear and keep your eyes and ears open. Watch the side streets, people pull out on us all the time so just be cautious. Good luck with the course, let us know how you do.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:23 AM

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 07-16-2008, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: redbbwoy

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Im working on it, I'm working on it!!!

Old 07-16-2008, 02:42 PM

welcome. be safe out there and definently take the safety coarse. i did and im glad i did.