New to forum/cbr, have questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum/cbr, have questions

Hi everyone, Im not only new here to CBR Forums, Im also new to cycling period. I just purchased a 2006 CBR600RR Tribal which Im very happy with. However, I wish to purchase a fender eliminator and I dont know which one to buy.

I want the aftermarket one to come with a license plate light on the new one, just so I can stay legal. As far as rear turn signals go, I wish to buy a tail light LED replacement like the one shown here
http://www.baysideperformance.com/in...oducts_id=2363

So just two questions then. For what Im going for, which eliminator kit should I purchase to go with that specific light? And also, would you pros here suggest a different rear light instead of the one I have picked?

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I hope to contribute more in the future as my knowledge grows.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Default RE: New to forum/cbr, have questions

Take a look at the competition werkes Fender Eliminator. Have one on my 06 600rr and I really like it alot. As for taillight look at the Clear Alternatives Intergrated Tail Light. All ready has the blinker built into it. Just make sure you local laws will allow the signals to be that close. Some places have laws that require the blinker to be a certain distance apart from each other.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:46 PM

I agree get a clear alternatives tail light. The one you picked out looks as if its just a light board that replaced your stock light board inside your taillight. The clear alternatives is about the same prices and is a completely new system with the taillights already included in the package. Its just a plug and play system.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:02 PM

CW fender eliminators are illegal in quite a few states, just an FYI.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:25 PM

Pretty sure they're illegal everywhere since the Federal Department of Transportation requires everything you're about to remove... chances are pretty high that your state and local municipality will follow the Federal guidelines...

if you get it, be prepared to face the consequences.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:42 PM

hrmm, perhaps somebody knows of a legal elimination kit?

I dont see hows its illegal as the license plate remains lit, it maintains a rear reflector, and has two turn signals in addition to a brake light/running light

Old 08-30-2007, 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Bravo Four

hrmm, perhaps somebody knows of a legal elimination kit?

I dont see hows its illegal as the license plate remains lit, it maintains a rear reflector, and has two turn signals in addition to a brake light/running light
But is the plate affixed at the most rearward part of the bike...? And the reflector... most FE kits eliminate everything back there including the red 3 Square Inches reflector required... the only thing you see is the plate. that's how it works.

if you can find one that affixes to the very rear of the bike while maintaining an 8" separation of the turn signals, has 3 square inches of red reflector material, and is properly illuminated... you'd find yourself a legal FE.

you'd also find a closeout model...

Old 08-30-2007, 06:00 PM

hot damn. Thats some very specific regulation you pointed out. I'll have to find a county sheriff here in oregon and ask him how much they really care and what they interperet as a no go

Old 08-30-2007, 06:30 PM

smart. however remember that once you leave your state, you're under the jurisdiction of the Federal Government...

Old 08-31-2007, 01:54 AM

**** the feds..... A guy named TapnTx posted a template for the one he made... I printed it and made it myself for like 10 bucks.... Do a search for '07 fender eliminator he has pictures and the template.... Save your money...

Quick Reply: New to forum/cbr, have questions