Need tires any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 04:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need tires any suggestions?

I have a 2003 cbr 600rr and I want to buy a new set of tires. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good all around tire. I like the pilots, but am new to teh motorcycle world and need some advice. I do not mind a softer tire if it will make the bike safer. I just want it to handle well adn provide good traction.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:24 AM
Default RE: Need tires any suggestions?

How new are you, what is your riding style, and where do you live? You can't go wrong with pilot powers. You can find them for about 220 for a set of 180 rears and 120 fronts online. I had good success with the new Metzler M3 tires as they are pretty grippy and have good wear. I also have a set of Pirelli Diablo Strata's that seem very grippy but I haven't tried them yet. They are my extra pair of shoes.

Metzler M1's are pretty cheap and have good grip, but if you run them hard, they wear out after 2k or so. Do some research, go to a motorcycle shop, ask around, go and feel the tires for gripness.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:07 AM

Check out www.swmototires.com They are out of arizona. They have excellent prices and FREE shipping with orders over $100, including ZERO sales tax. I got the metzler M1's and i really like them alot. Good luck shoppin...like the other guy said.....go ask around at some shops and get some opinions of what you want.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pilot Powers, diablos...qualifiers or m1s or new m3s will give lots of stick and provide good wear...well, except m1s and m3s are too new to know.
stickier tire won't be safer...it'll just mask a riders inadequecies in choosing a proper line, braking and throttle control, all critical components of cornering.

Old 05-02-2006, 02:49 PM

I put a Pilot Power on the rear to replace the D208 I had on there... LOVE the tire. I have much more confidence scrapin the pegs in the corners now!

Old 05-02-2006, 03:12 PM

For the street, I like the Pirelli Diablo Corsas. They have a neutral feel... The bike doesn't feel like it wants to fall into corners and the bike doesn't want to stand up under trail braking. Both annoying behaviors that I've found with other tires such as the Bridgestones and Dunlops.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:52 PM

you know what was annoying with the 208s? totally follows the parallel grooves on the highway!!! makes lane splitting hairy! hahaha...yes, diablos are very neutral tires. on my 4th set now...or third...can't remember, but i'm going to hit up PPs next and then dunlops.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:59 PM

i highly recommend the pirelli diablo strada's i have this rear and im about to change my front to one, i would stay away from dunlops, from my experiance they are junk.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:42 PM

looked at the web page for the place in AZ, compared it to the local place here, there a good price, what's a mounting cost or what's fair, I need to replace my front, runnin Metzler sport-tech m-1 right now, never replaced a street bike tire before, i have only had bike a year

Old 05-03-2006, 01:13 PM

fair price is between 15-20 dollars, that's if you take the wheel off yourself. but it will differ from place to place. i've seen it as high as 40, but not around where i'm at as there's too many shops.

Quick Reply: Need tires any suggestions?