Need help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help.

I don't own a 600rr yet but Im looking into getting one. I'm in a delema, there's an 03 cbr600rr w/ 12k miles clean title all black and comes with a helmet and jacket for $4300. I also found an 03 636 w/ 9k miles clean title and it comes w/ 2 helmets a jacket and gloves. Also has an extended warrenty until november of 08. Now I know this is a Honda site so the answers are going to a bit biased but could please put that aside and just be neutral. I love both bikes, I love the way the honda looks hands down but I like more power of the 636. Please help me decide which one to get. Thanks.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Default RE: Need help.

Honda will be better for straight up reliability over the Kawi as long as the previous owner was good to it. Look for things like rebuilt forks at that mileage (lots of wheelies and slam downs), chain neglect (not shiny, sprockets are extremely pointy), and ask for maintenance records. I'd never turn down a Honda with miles as long as the owner was at least half way competant and kept records. Both bikes are good, but the Honda will always be better. [8D]

Old 03-14-2008, 10:48 PM

You will get some bias here, but thats ok. I looked at the 636 when thinking about a new mid-class bike. What I came to is that the 36cc really is not that noticeable. You can pipe and tune a 600RR to spank a 636 any day. If you are really interested in Kawi, look for the ZX6RR, where as the 636 is the ZX636R, the difference is the extra R. The 636 was built as a street cheater bike, for wheelie kids on mid-class who wants to beat all his friends off the line by six inches just to say his parts are bigger (which I hope is not you). THUS it was never raced in the AMA, its race-bred brother was. The point I'm trying to get to is that its not a thoroughbred, where at the 600RR is. Reliability is also key, especially if you plan to ride more and wrench turn less. Honda products are known for reliability and endurance. Its a beast from the box, and a stable one at that. I have but three remaining points to make, I hope I could assist you in your decision.

1) There are some people around here with 30k miles on there 07s, still going strong, and its a first generation = Honda knows what they are doing.
2) Once you own a honda, you rarely stray, many people around here dont switch back to one of the other big four after owning honda
3) Examine our community, not to boast, but we are the best, and we will help you with all your problems, mishaps, and questions.

Welcome to the club.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:50 PM

Thanks for the post be vertical, there's somethan telling me I'll have more fun on the Honda. How are the seats, I heard there pretty uncomfortable?

Old 03-15-2008, 03:47 AM

Talking from the 1000RR point of view (similar seats), don't go by how soft a seat iis. The gixxer 1K seat is a LOT softer than my RR, but it kills my backside after about 2 hours of riding- my CBR is way more comfortable to me. My friend who owned the Gixxer agreed with me.

I haven't heard much complaining about the comfort of the seats in any of these forums, so it can't be too bad. You always have aftermarket options too (Corbin, Seargent, etc)

Old 03-16-2008, 01:10 AM

I ended up buying the 636 guys.............J/K. I got the RR today and on my first ride on her taking her home it rained on me. Oh well, she still rode well in the rain...lol. I'll post some pics up on Wed b/c I'll be out of town until then.