NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP

I just bought a akra exhaust for my 06 600rr. anybody know how to install it. The thing is I probaly could do it but it looks like my whole exhaust welded together never see that before or just never looked

thanks for the help

Old 05-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Default RE: NEED HELP

Alright u got a repair manual handy? You failed to mention if it was a slip-on or full.
Well just to get things started you have to remove the lower cowl, side fairing, and rear cowl. Thats pretty easy you can figure out how to do that just by looking at it. Make sure you keep track of each bolt seperatly for each cowl. Suggest getting a few small boxes and labeling them.
Remove the rear fender. Then the bolts securing the muffler gaurd, right above your right peg and rear brake. Remove the rear master cylinder resevior to the foot rest.
Disconnect the rear brake light at the front edge of the seat rail. Remove the bolts securing the rear brake pedal and footrest to the frame. Move the resevior, hose, and brake pedal out of the way so no air gets into your brake line.
Remove the upper fender, licence plate and turn signal assembly for the seat rail. Loosen the exhaust pipe to muffler clamp (self explainitory). Remove the front bolt and washer securing the muffler to the seat rail. There is a collar between the muffler and seat rail, dont lose this. Reach behind the muffler rear mounting bracket and secure the nut on the mounting bolt. That nut falls out once the mounting bolt is removed.
Remove the bolts on each side of the muffler to the seat rail. Release the muffler for the exhaust pipe and carefully work the muffler and muffler protector out of the frame and seat rail.
This should be good enough I hope if there are questions just pm me i'll try to help u out as best i can.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:07 PM

Hey also if you got a new exhaust line there is a clamp where your headers and the exhaust pipe meet. Just follow the exhaust pipe down from your muffler, you'll see it on the underside rear of the engine. You losen that up and your whole exhaust pipe will come out.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:39 AM

the factory exhaust slips on right behind the heatshield located next to the rear brake pedal