My Wrists!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Wrists!!!

My left wrist after ridng only for like 10 mins aches like a ****. What am I doing wrong becuase every time I get off my left hand and wrist feel like someones stomp'd on em... My right hand is fine but my left wishes it could say the same...

Old 04-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Default RE: My Wrists!!!

I try to keep my weight off of my wrists. balancing myself on the bike, not left to right so much as to front and back. Also I try to keep my wrist inline with my arm as much as possible and then htere is riding with one hand

Old 04-11-2006, 02:38 PM

+1 with Capt, I keep my weight off of my wrist also, using my legs, lower back and stomach muscles.

Old 04-11-2006, 02:38 PM

OK so i know this is gonna sound strange but you need to strengthen your wrist muscles...so stretch real quick before you ride.Palm facing out fingers pointing up...take the fingers with other hand and pull em back....towards you..hold..then fingers pointing down palm out..repeat...im a steelworker and do this numerous times a day to keep the muscles in my wrist from getting fatigued and might try some light weight wrist curls.I hope this helps...

Old 04-11-2006, 03:24 PM

first off when stopping you do put the bike in Neutral right?? if you hold the clutch all the time while at idle it could wear out you're clutch and it takes a bit of strength after a while.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:27 PM

yeah you should work out your forearms a bit, it seems your left is kind-of weak.. even tho that's your clutch hand - if you are talking about pulling the clutch in and it aches, it got to be weak muscles or bad joints (dont know what kind of pain your feeling).. but for weak muscles, just get a squishy hand ball to squeeze and you will gain some strength.

I remember my left (top part) of my palm where my tendents are to pull the clutch lever in would ache (like almost pulling a muscle) but only happens after at least 2 hours of riding, and my throttle wrist would also get sore from time to time..

also you can just do exercise like these (great website for body-builders) http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/For...#anchor1936059

Old 04-11-2006, 03:43 PM

when i ride long distance, i ride with my left hand on the tank. but yeah....+1 on what everyone else said. sit further back on your seat and keep your arms straight with your wrists, and use your legs to support.

Old 04-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's the negative effects of too much loving...you need to do some self loving and all your issues will be gone.

and don't bust a death grip on the bars mang! hug with your legs...

Old 04-11-2006, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

that's the negative effects of too much loving...you need to do some self loving and all your issues will be gone.

and don't bust a death grip on the bars mang! hug with your legs...
ill go with youon that. i fora fewdays griped tooo hard now i grip with legs andrelax my grip a bit.

Old 04-11-2006, 05:18 PM

make sure your levers are in line with you forarms if they are too high or too low it causes fatigue.

Quick Reply: My Wrists!!!